Anyone here going to the HUMM, October 17 - 20th?

Simon_100

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
OK, I have a certain vested interest as i'm working for Horizons Unlimited as the geek behind the gig, plotting all of the tag points for the navigation event so its success is important for me!

But they could do with a few more bums on seats, anyone coming?

All the details here.

Regs

Simon

I'd love to ... but for family commitments.
Just as frustrating .. if I was a bit better organised I could have made it to HISS. Next year, eh?
Best wishes for a successful event.

I'd love to ... but for family commitments.
Just as frustrating .. if I was a bit better organised I could have made it to HISS. Next year, eh?
Best wishes for a successful event.

Cheers for the wishes. The HUMM is going to be great - and we have a date for next year pencilled in but that's not public yet ..

Meanwhile I'm doing three HISS meets in 2017:

HISS v1: this is the time honoured, known and loved HISS at our summer base, Camping Collegats here in the Catalonian Pyrenees. There’s no change here apart from the date, which is in June next year. The ‘v1’ - version 1 of course, maintains the ‘Veterans’ loyalty bonus scheme of 50% discount – remember that since January there are no ‘new’ Vets!

HISS Challenge: this will be happening at a completely new location to the south and east of Teruel. As the name suggests the emphasis is on ‘technical’ trails, of which there are many more in the new zone than both the former Aragon HISS trails and the v1 in the Pyrenees! The venue is at a ‘new’ camping, it’s only been open for three years, which not only has bungalows for those who don’t ‘do’ camping but also has a function room for our exclusive use during the HISS. This has tables, whiteboards. etc. for planning, holding briefing sessions, etc. as well as some kitchen facilities and secure place for charging phones, camera batteries, etc.

HISS Big Tread: again at a new venue, another camping with bungalows and a function room. This one is located within the old Aragon HISS territory but, like the Challenge site, is only fifteen minutes from the A-23 motorway that runs down from Zaragossa. As the name implies, the idea is for a HISS specifically geared up for large bikes and less emphasis on ‘technical’ trails. The big difference is that as well as having new trails in a much extended area, the HISS routes will include road sections so that riding days make the best of both worlds – the area has some of the very best roads in Spain – that is to say, the World!

As before the format of the HISS – now re-named ‘Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain’ – is essentially the same: no teams, no competition, etc. just lots of fun …

The other change, reflecting the cost that so many people face trailering or vanning their smaller bikes to Span, is that the HISS Classic and HISS Challenge event will run back to back, so that folks can do the two together.

Dates for your diaries:

HISS v1: June 12th - 16th at Camping Collegats.

HISS Challenge: June 19th - 23rd at Camping Casa Fausto.

HISS Big Tread: September 11th - 15th at Camping Los Corralizas 1,727m, which according to its claim is the highest camping in Spain!

Participants - HISSers or HISSites whichever you prefer :) get a good discount at Camping Collegats, and I've already negotiated a discount at Casa Fausto and Las Corralizas have said that they will do likewise.

So ...

Regs

Simon

Mornin' all,

Well the HUMM was indeed a lot of fun and a great success for both me and Horizons Unlimted. So much so that we're working together again for late May next year. All the details here.

Meanwhile, a few snappies:

imgp0417.jpg

pa190003.jpg

imgp0377.jpg

imgp0370.jpg

The last two were 'staff'; many of you will recognise Grant and Susan Johnson of course but the pink lady is their new Web developer - watch this space - who rode down on her BMW K1300S - and rode it up some trails! - before renting a 'spare' 660 XT from the (Spanish) support-and-rescue guy who has a few for training and his own adventure trips to Morocco - some lady, all 6'4" of her! :)

If it's OK I'll start a topic about next year's HUMM - the feedback from the top 'big bike' teams - who tied for second place and were both veterans of the Pyrenees events back in the 'noughties' was that the scenery and trails in Teruel were stunning in comparison, one team going on to say that one trail that was rated '5', the hardest, i.e. 'an expert rider would have difficulty riding a GS up this trail' should be rated '10'! :clap

Regs

Simon

Back
Top Bottom