Centre stand motorcycle mover

Rugged Path

The Honourable.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I am looking to buy one of these on dolly wheels to move back and forth my 1150GSA and HD Electra glide in and out of the garage. Both bikes have centre stands fitted and would need a heavy duty one.

What is the best on the market and from where?
Forum discounters welcome.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I got mine from Germany http://www.motea.com/en/paddock-stands/dolly-movers/motorcycle-centre-stand-mover-dolly-constands-black-i4030-32205-0.htm

It came in two days and is both good quality and up to the job. Several I looked at were not designed for heavy bikes. It is very easy to get the bike on and off and I can now push the bike wherever I want it although you do need a good smooth surface. It also has a lever to lower the stand onto the floor so that the bike is fixed (useful when you are trying to shift a stubborn bolt)

All in all highly recommended.

John

Now thinking of the Clarke CML5 from MachineMart at £120.
That has a 680kg capacity and raises approx. 450mm. May be a better investment for me overall when needing to remove the rear wheel on the electra glide and do some other maintenance work. That also has wheels albeit only the two back one's arte rotatable.

Anybody use that?
Regarding the bike mover dolly, I have seen only 2 for sale (Bike-tech and Constant) at roughly £80.
I am 60 and the back is getting stiffer and less durable.

They seem to be aimed at two different uses: the Clarke is seemingly for the person who wants to easily lift a bike up to a better working height. Whereas the Constands device is aimed at users who want to shift a bike around in a confined space.

John: how smooth does the surface need to be to allow the castors to roll? I want to use one to roll a GS through a confined gateway from my driveway to the back patio. The driveway is an open textured tarmac and the patio a quite smooth concrete block affair. Do you think the castors are sufficiently large in diameter to roll easily on these surfaces?

Just bought one of the Constands ones from Motea, pretty much on the recommendation posted by John (The Grey One).

A great bit of kit. Solid and well made.

And the rollers/castors cope well wity both concrete block pavious and the open textured tarmac I have on my driveway.

Only issue is that the GS is somewhat nose heavy, so I have to press down on the rear luggage rack to make sure the front tyre is lifted off the floor to aid manoeuvring

I got mine from Germany http://www.motea.com/en/paddock-stands/dolly-movers/motorcycle-centre-stand-mover-dolly-constands-black-i4030-32205-0.htm

It came in two days and is both good quality and up to the job. Several I looked at were not designed for heavy bikes. It is very easy to get the bike on and off and I can now push the bike wherever I want it although you do need a good smooth surface. It also has a lever to lower the stand onto the floor so that the bike is fixed (useful when you are trying to shift a stubborn bolt)

All in all highly recommended.

John

+1 for this one
Have 2 of them & used them on GSA, Explorer, F650Gs, & RD250LC
Made life a lot easier & given me more room in the man-cave

Just received mine from Motea - excellent service, ordered Wednesday and delivered first thing this morning!
Looks a very well made product, but unfortunately not suitable for my bike (KTM 1290 Super adventure) as the bike is too nose heavy meaning it would not stay on the mover (should have listened to advice from a friend).
Going to try and return it for refund as it has not been used (only offered up to the bike), but if not, I will have to sell it on to some lucky person. :blast

You should still be able to place it on the stand. Then put some of your leverage weight from the rear so the front lifts and then move it around that way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom