Munich - Book of 33 routes / tours radiating south from Munich

Wapping

Reaction score
If anyone, particularly perhaps anyone taking a fly / ride holiday based on Munich, is looking for a decent set of suggested routes, this book is pretty good:

Die schoensten Motorrad Touren Alpen, by Heinz E Studt. Published by Bruckmann, who do a lot of German language book publishing. Cost in Germany EUR 22:99

Each of the 33 rides are geared to two to three days in length. With a bit of imagination you could book a hotel for one night in the south of Munich city, ride out the next morning, spend two or three nights away, returning to your Munich hotel for one night. Then ride out the next day on a different route, for two or three nights away, then return to Munich and go home.

The book is in German; but a map is a map and pictures are picture, no matter what the language. The 33 routes are downloadable as GPS files, too.

http://www.bruckmann.de/titel-8406-die_schoensten_motorradtouren_alpen_21.html

You can probably get it via Amazon, too. I have used German Amazon several times. Despite not speaking one word of German, it's always worked OK. Abe Books' site works well, too.

Warning

This evening I went to do some work on a route that is downloadable from the Bruckmann site.

My Mac is flashing up a warning that the download site has been compromised with a virus.

Richard

Back
Top Bottom