Wheels - Can you Identify Them??

Voyager

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Here's a little quiz for you . . . .

Yesterday I drove up to "The Black Isle" (just North of Inverness) and picked up some Triumph T20 (Tiger Cub) parts.

It came with three wheels - one from the Cub and two unknown ones - So what are they from ??

The front has a full-width alloy hub with a TLS brake (drum = 6.25 inches dia), a 17" rim with 36 spokes and the speedometer drive inside the brake drum with the cable coming out towards the rear. The brake mounts on the left side of the forks.

I'm thinking Japanese :nenau.

DSC_7590_zpslqp9bpyv.jpg

DSC_7591_zps6oufiwtk.jpg

DSC_7592_zpspry4jipy.jpg

DSC_7593_zpsyyxdhebe.jpg

DSC_7594_zpswa0nfwg2.jpg

That's a coach bolt holding the drum to the hub.

The rear also has a full-width alloy hub, a small brake drum and what appears to be a four-hole mounting for a sprocket.

DSC_7595_zpsr35akjux.jpg

DSC_7596_zpsxzihvwtm.jpg

DSC_7597_zpsw8f66dm6.jpg

DSC_7598_zpsnhkbpytb.jpg

DSC_7599_zpsfxsnpxvi.jpg

I'm sure someone here will know exactly what they are from (they may not be from the same bike, of course).

Bob.

I reckon CB175 as well. 17" dia, TLS front brake, & the 'square' sprocket mounting on the rear hub is quite distinctive.:thumb2
Chris

MY OLD Suzuki T500 had a similar front from memory.

The Susuki T500 'Titan' is close - but the reverse side of the hub is different. The TLS brake is very similar though, but doesn't have a torque arm - presumably has lugs on the brakeplate and fork leg:

Suzuki-Titan-1_zps6yxm2vl3.jpg

Suzuki-Titan-7_zps9l4yrirf.jpg

Bob.

TLS is likely to be a Honda 175, 250 or 305. Often used as an upgrade for MZs etc.

Bit late but front is probably a Honda CB250 K1/K4 the rear hub sprocket fixing was used on some of the smaller Honda bikes ie SL125

Back
Top Bottom