2017 model has new handlebar mounts

iandavid

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
From the BMW Motorrad Website on the new 2017 model XR

"Softer isolating elements on the handlebars effectively prevent even the finest vibrations from being passed onto the handlebar ends in the new S 1000 XR."

Wonder if it can be retrofitted???

What I find alarming, since the creation of the XR Bmw refused to except responsibility for vibs owners reported ! Seems there now back pedalling.

It's the main reason I sold mine and went back to a GSA, maybe time for a test ride again.

Terry

ordered my new one without knowing this was on the cards, I could like with the vibes without issue but I'm very excited to find out what the new design is like, collecting on saturday :thumb

ordered my new one without knowing this was on the cards, I could like with the vibes without issue but I'm very excited to find out what the new design is like, collecting on saturday :thumb

Yours won't have the updates, they only announced them yesterday!:blast

Yes it does, I've checked, delivery was delayed as they switched over to 2017MY. They may have announced them yesterday, but that was to coincide with deliveries :p

That's good. What colour are you getting?

MCN article

From the BMW Motorrad Website on the new 2017 model XR

"Softer isolating elements on the handlebars effectively prevent even the finest vibrations from being passed onto the handlebar ends in the new S 1000 XR."

Wonder if it can be retrofitted???

Article in todays MCN in which one of their journalists has been talking to Rudi Schneider, XR project leader "We have been listening to owners about this and while some of it can be explained as customer perception we are working on something that will be made available to all customers when it's ready. This will be made available as a retro-fit for existing owners"

Whether this will be a recall I doubt very much, more likely something you will have to purchase.

Rumours have been flying about re a factory "fix" for a while...

With a set of HVMP bar ends and 1600 km on the donk, my bike's vibes have been reduced at least 95%...

Super fast white :)

I really didn't know about the updates, was a really pleasant surprise!

It seems its humble pie time, my new one has the engine updates and Euro 4, but the anti vibe bars are not yet released, so I'm in the same boat as everyone else!

I picked up a new XR on Friday (swapped my WC GSA) Not long back from my first ride around the Scottish borders and could not feel any vibrations. It has these rubber mounts fitted. Not sure if the "old" models have these are not.

Attachments

• IMG_0030.jpg
    IMG_0030.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 976
I picked up a new XR on Friday (swapped my WC GSA) Not long back from my first ride around the Scottish borders and could not feel any vibrations. It has these rubber mounts fitted. Not sure if the "old" models have these are not.

Yep, mine has those. It was registered in July last year.

Attachments

• IMG_5332.jpg
    IMG_5332.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 1,057
Interesting about the current bikes having the rubber inserts and they must have switched over at some point. I had thought it was only for the 2017 model and the S1000R is also getting the rubber inserts

Handlebar vibes !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought a new xr last year , Love it , vibes from bars were really bad

I fitted heavier bar weights and filled the bars with lead shot

No more vibes , fantastic bike now

I have done this for a few customers now and everyone is Happy :thumb2

Steve www.motoscot.co.uk

Steve, how much lead shot is required to fill the bars?

Simon

Back
Top Bottom