Hard Knott Pass Lakes

Personally I thought the Mods could have slowed down going past the dog walkers

It's a public road for heaven's sake!

Okay an interesting one - I've been over it on everything from an FJ1200 to a KLX250.... get a grip on yourselves, please!

:rob

When will you be tackling it on your adventure pushbike? :D

Okay an interesting one - I've been over it on everything from an FJ1200 to a KLX250.... get a grip on yourselves, please!

No, no, they are legitimate concerns. I have come off a bike on the Hard Knott twice (or was it three times?) going up E-W, back in the day with Dellis, Howmuch and some others........AND that was on a light weight CCM Supermoto with race wets!

Mind you I was practicing backing it in and laying down nice big black stripes at the time........ :D

Andres

No, no, they are legitimate concerns. I have come off a bike on the Hard Knott twice (or was it three times?) going up E-W, back in the day with Dellis, Howmuch and some others........AND that was on a light weight CCM Supermoto with race wets!

Mind you I was practicing backing it in and laying down nice big black stripes at the time........ :D

Andres

I pity the poor sod who gets one of your old bikes :blast :D

It's a great road you'll have fun, I was there in August, rode up from Portsmouth, stayed in the Woolpack 2 nights solely to ride the passes, In the 2 days I rode them about 12 times, West to East is slightly more difficult but great fun, I find first gear when actually tackling the passes is the only gear I would consider, some say they can do it in 2nd, I wouldn't want to try! I saw a car stall because of being in the wrong gear and they took ages to get going again, it was quite amusing. Enjoy it take your time and remember to stop for photos and take in the scenery. In the meantime watch this...
https://youtu.be/Ftx8kXIRvtg

That's what I do :blast
I rode it on my F650GS.
A right pain behind some dolloper in a car dawdling. Made it bloody hard work.
Not something I'll be attempting om myR1200GS

I rode it soon after passing my test. On a Bonnie.
Luckily I didn't discover how difficult it is until a couple of weeks later while on line.

Back
Top Bottom