Manor Cafe nr Leyburn

Biffabacon

Reaction score
Called into the above on Monday and it was all shut up and the actual sign above the door was gone, so does anyone know if it has shut -down completely? Not the best café but not too bad either, shame if it has gone .....

was posted on FaceBook a couple of days ago that it is closing down "indefinetely", so that no one makes a wasted journey.

They couldn't divulge why for "legal reasons".

Shame, was a great stop-off.

AMR are still operating and are unaffected by the closure of the cafe. There has been some dispute between the owners and those running the cafe and new people are now being sought to take over the cafe.

Talking to the girl running it a few weeks ago, saying that the police have gone mental with speed traps that bikers are just avoiding the area now, ironically on the way back to hawes, there were 2 speed traps with in 10 miles, maybe she had a point....

Yep the Police are all over the Dales, I saw 4 different traps on the A684 between Leyburn to Hawes a few weeks ago

Best to use the plethora of other roads that the Police don't monitor

Yep the Police are all over the Dales, I saw 4 different traps on the A684 between Leyburn to Hawes a few weeks ago

Best to use the plethora of other roads that the Police don't monitor

I haven't seen a speed trap in the Dales all summer, except for the odd scamera van on the A65 on the way to/from the Lakes, but then I'm also mainly riding on the minor roads more often than not. Rather surprisingly I haven't seen any speed traps or scamera vans on the Hawes - Ribblehead - Settle road either. I was starting to think they were spending all their time on the more lucrative trunk roads.

I haven't seen a speed trap in the Dales all summer, except for the odd scamera van on the A65 on the way to/from the Lakes, but then I'm also mainly riding on the minor roads more often than not. Rather surprisingly I haven't seen any speed traps or scamera vans on the Hawes - Ribblehead - Settle road either. I was starting to think they were spending all their time on the more lucrative trunk roads.

They are there, on those roads you mention

Maybe H&S shut it going by the state of the shithouse when I visited it for the first and last time in June. Fuck me it was grim in there!

They are there, on those roads you mention

I know they do frequent those roads, but not when I've ridden them this year, but I do tend to ride on a Saturday rather than a Sunday. I saw them quite frequently last year, which is why I'm surprised I haven't seen them more. And yes, I am observant as I haven't had a speeding ticket since 1999, despite driving 17k miles/year and riding 6-12k

I know they do frequent those roads, but not when I've ridden them this year, but I do tend to ride on a Saturday rather than a Sunday. I saw them quite frequently last year, which is why I'm surprised I haven't seen them more. And yes, I am observant as I haven't had a speeding ticket since 1999, despite driving 17k miles/year and riding 6-12k

Me too, mainly weekdays etc...............but one Sunday in Aug I did see 4 in a 12 mile stretch, which I thought was OTT

Some of you guys have obviously never been to squires :D

Some of you guys have obviously never been to squires :D

That one's on my :barf list as well :D

I have to confess taking a group to the Manor cafe from Dent this year. Was a bit of a disaster and have found a much better alternative for next year's ride :)

Some bikers aren't as discerning as me, you and HTC

I do try and bring a bit of quality to my tea/coffee/lunch stops :). Fighting a losing battle with some of the people I ride with though...:D

In small groups Tennants Auctioneers in Leyburn is a good place to stop for tea and cake, isn't expensive and the food is first class.

I do try and bring a bit of quality to my tea/coffee/lunch stops :). Fighting a losing battle with some of the people I ride with though...:D

Never with me, Jervaulx tea rooms was one of your great choices:thumb

Back
Top Bottom