Mont Ventoux - 'Bike on Bike' action

As a biker and cyclist I salute you. That is a serious climb on a pedal bike, to carry it there on your BMW great. Not many people in that club. Certainly not me. :bow:

If you are going to come up with a daft idea .. make it a big one! :bow

What an awesome trip Jallani! Glad to hear everything went well and you got some great riding in on both sets of wheels! In case anyone is interested we are 2x2 Cycles, the manufacturers behind the bicycle carrier seen in the photos. We're not really into giving the whole sales pitch thing so if you're interested in this or a similar setup, feel free to check out our website or give us a call! We fit many motorcycles and have been manufacturing racks for a number of years.

small world

Well done Jallani

Had a similar idea to these racks and came across the same one as well as another American one a while ago - cant remember the make.
Queried legality with DVLA etc and no problem with them.
Was only planning on getting the rack to get to & from UK sportives etc.
Quite coincidentally missed out on my local cycling groups french tour earlier this year that included Ventoux
So, inspired by your efforts I feel next year I might be retracing your trip, albeit taking a few more days for the whole thing.
Dont fancy 700' in a day really and not into motorways on the bike if there are other options.
Not heard of the 3 ascents in a day option, so best get training. If you are going to do Ventoux, might as well do it properly.........
Might live to regret that statement ....

I remember when this was a fledgling idea on Advrider and gave it serious consideration. However, I wanted it mainly for daily mountainbike rides and didn't fancy the idea of going for a ride, getting back to the bike covered in sweat and muck and then having to put my biking gear on to ride home, so didn't take it any further. When camping though, so you have a handy shower, it's an effective way of transporting your bicycle if you only have a bike as your main form of motorised transport and you get the double pleasure of riding twice.
However, now that I have a camper and the luxury of time, I don't need to rush a trip, so I can camp in comfort and take both bike and mountainbike with me at the same time.:D

Well impressed with that. Having cycled up the Ventoux more than once back in the late 70's, early 80's... Motorbike on a few other occasions to watch the TDF and this year in the Camper.
I must say this has given me food for thought as I intend to watch TDF next year and cycle it once again.Maybe I can go on the R100R after all:blast

Total respect. I am a fanatical cyclist, from the comfort of my arm chair. I have done the entiire Tour de France, Giro, Paris Rubaix, all of them and I never even broke sweat or spilled my drink. :aidan

My brother is a pedalling nutter. He does this kind of thing. He is mad too. :aidan

Back
Top Bottom