New BMW System 7 Carbon Helmet

Boshman

Reaction score
Full Carbon shell modular helmet, with removable chin guard to convert to an Open-face Jet Helmet. fully homologated to ECE 22-05 in both modes.

More info, pics, and funky animations here:
http://www.bmw-motorrad.com/com/en/equipment/system7carbon/main.html

Pricing will be confirmed at Motorcycle Live in November, but the base colour models are reportedly set to cost around £450.

A0222952_Helm_System7_Carbon_05_vo.jpg

Helm_System7_Carbon_05_Jethelm.jpg

Same price as the present 6 EVO? I remeber when the 4 carbon came out was 3 times the price of the normal 4. Acording to rumours ( DEALER ) the new helmet is made by AGV. Where will be made ? AGV is part of Dainese and they have factories in Tunisia and China, however probably top end gear is made in Italy .
My System 6 was replaced with 6 EVO after bad leak, so BMW service is top notch.

Nope , apparently Chinese through and through

I know Pete from JustHelmets posted here that he has been told they're made by LS2, a Chinese manufacturer, but I asked at my local dealer yesterday and he is still firmly of the opinion (having been told by BMW themselves) that they will be manufactured by an Italian company.

BMW Motorrad themselves refused to answer my question.

Considering a fair % of bikes are made in China + clothing it's not surprising that the skid lids are coming from there. If they are BMW should own up. The profits margins must be great. (For BMW). JJH

very nice ,,interested already ...just hope it passes any SHARP testing ....would like to see how easy it is to remove that chin guard too, would it come off in a crash springs to mind

I was told by a dealer in the summer that they were to be an in house BMW design and will be manufactured to their specification by a Chinese manufacturer , not saying that is going to make them any better or worse for that but BMW should come clean if it is correct

I know Pete from JustHelmets posted here that he has been told they're made by LS2, a Chinese manufacturer, but I asked at my local dealer yesterday and he is still firmly of the opinion (having been told by BMW themselves) that they will be manufactured by an Italian company.

BMW Motorrad themselves refused to answer my question.

Some more info from the 2017 accessories catalog::thumb2

System 7 Carbon helmet – the high-end all-rounder.
The expectations of the System 7 Carbon helmet are very high. After all, this new addition to the BMW Motorrad program takes the place of the System 6 EVO helmet that is so popular among riders. And the BMW Motorrad helmet developers and designers really have succeeded in creating something of a masterpiece: this helmet especially sets a new benchmark in the areas of safety, aerodynamics and versatility, as well as setting an unmistakable milestone in terms of sporty looks.

One unique feature is its capacity for effortless transformation from a system helmet into a jet helmet: the chin guard can be removed in a few seconds without the use of tools – for example when heading into town or for a relaxed country tour on a hot day. The System 7 Carbon helmet is of course also homologated as a jet helmet. As in the predecessor model, the chin guard can also be simply flipped up by means of the four-joint mechanism – all it takes is the press of a button.

The outer shell is made of solid carbon fibre with reinforcement inserts, produced in two different sizes. As such, the System 7 Carbon helmet far surpasses all safety standards with its excellent levels of impact absorption and optimum rigidity; it is also very light – weighing just 1580 g or 1680 g, depending on the size. Like the outer shell, the interior of the system helmet is absolutely high-end, being made of multiple-segmented EPS. The dual section main shell is foam-padded in varying thicknesses. This ensures optimum wear comfort as well as excellent levels of damping. Refined Alcantara and DuPont Coolmax define the look and feel of the interior. The head, cheek and neck padding can be removed and washed. The integrated neck straps ensure that the helmet remains in the optimum position on the head in the event of an accident. Only very few helmets boast this very special safety feature.

A three-dimensionally curved MaxView visor guarantees an excellent view in all weathers in the System 7 Carbon helmet, and the field of vision has been significantly enlarged as compared with the System 6 EVO helmet. The visor is double-glazed with an anti-fog effect on the inside and a scratch resistant coating on both sides on the outside. Thanks to the integrated sun shield, the visor can be adapted to all visibility conditions.

The large spoiler characterises the helmet's striking, sporty design. But it is also highly effective – having been developed in the BMW wind tunnel, there are only very few helmets in the world that even approach the System 7 Carbon helmet in terms of aerodynamics and aeroacoustics. Finally, extremely good climate control rounds off the helmet’s qualities. A centrally placed slider regulates ventilation of the entire head area, while a central rocker button in the chin guard regulates visor ventilation and the air feed to the face area.

The System 7 Carbon helmet is available in the non-metallic colours Black and Light White, in the metallic colours Graphite Matt and Silver, and in the colour schemes Spectrum Fluor, Prime and Moto. It comes in the sizes 52/53-64/65.

very nice ,,interested already ...just hope it passes any SHARP testing ....would like to see how easy it is to remove that chin guard too, would it come off in a crash springs to mind

Sharp is just one test that all manufactures do not necessarily agree with. It only tests for specific areas of impact the same as the other Euro tests or the US tests. It is a good piece of information, but not the end all and be all. Guidance only.

Did we ever find out were this helmet is actually made?

Ethiopia and some (special limited edition) on a tiny Pacific island, inhabited only by goats.

PS If it really troubled for the past eight or more months, now's the time call your local BMW dealership and ask (nay, demand) that they tell you.

Ethiopia and some (special limited edition) on a tiny Pacific island, inhabited only by goats.

PS If it really troubled for the past eight or more months, now's the time call your local BMW dealership and ask (nay, demand) that they tell you.

Well Wapping just to bring your cack post up to speed and to salve your obvious perplexity. I only thought about buying a new helmet yesterday searched the forum and came up with this thread. If BMW are putting their name to it I don't really care where they are made.

An odd question to have posed then?

But hey, you'll soon maybe find out or not if you deliberately don't peek. If you do, be sure to tell us. Though I'm sure it's Ethiopia. The bit about the goats I made up.

:beerjug:

PS BMW put their name to lots of things that many on this site declare to be inexorable shite. The 1200 and the Nav VI (or maybe they are just a rip-off) by way of example. A bod is ranting about the BMW branded extended warranty, too.

Back
Top Bottom