Devon Christmas/Winter Camp Saturday 10th December

Madmountainman

Reaction score
Ok, the three amigos that are myself, Orinoco and Bazzer, invite those hardy/foolish enough to attend a winter camp on Saturday the 10th of December.
The event's at Hennock, Devon, which is to the East of Bovey Tracey.
The campsite's basic, but has hot showers, flushing toilets and firepits. Cost is a fiver per person, per night. I'm organising this for the one night, but if people would like to arrive Friday and be taken on a rideout, I can organise/lead, but need to know who'd like this option so I can book mysef in accordingly.
A short stroll from the site is a great pub (I believe there are three B&B rooms), that serves nice food and a superb pint of Jail Ale.
I shall initially book a table for four (the three amigos and possibly Sandy), under my name and the UKGSer group. If you're coming please book with the site direct - speak to Kate - and book yourself a spot in the pub (The Palk Arms - speak to Jane) and they will then know how many are coming to join the group and whether they'll be able to sit us all at the same table or group us in the same area in the pub. Try not to leave it to the last minute as, due to being on the run up to Christmas, the pub may end up fully booked.
Please ensure you post on here and/or the FB Page to let me know if you're coming and for how many nights and if you'd like a rideout.

Oh, and the pub will do cooked breakfast for the hardy campers in the mornings, if required. Ask Jane for more info.

Current Attendees List

It's early days, but it seems de rigueur on here to post who's going, so i'll start a list.

Myself & Sandy (Nikita's with her Dad this weekend, but it's subject to her not being on call)
Dave & Val Reynolds
Adrian (Orinoco)
Mark (Bazzer 66)

I've booked my pitch (hope its not too hilly!!) - I'll bring a communal shelter (Tarp) as its undoubtedly going to rain or snow?!

I've booked my pitch (hope its not too hilly!!) - I'll bring a communal shelter (Tarp) as its undoubtedly going to rain or snow?!

It's a great site, overall gently sloping with some flatter bits. I did a ride by earlier this year and it looked good and was busy/popular. You'll be fine taking the road of your choice to get to the site on your bike, but for any one in a tin box, follow the site's instructions and drive up from Chudleigh Knighton.

Paul Wong aka PWCymru is the latest confirmed attendee. :thumb2

Sadly can't make that weekend, real shame as it's not far from me. Hope you have a great weekend and that the sun shines on you.

Hi Guys! I would like to join you if you would be so kind to to add me to the list I will be travelling down from Chelmsford on the Friday and camping for the 2 nights hopefully we will be lucky with some dry weather at least.

I have contacted the pub and booked the 2 nights camping.

Liam (Chug-chug)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Guys! I would like to join you if you would be so kind to to add me to the list I will be travelling down from Chelmsford on the Friday and camping for the 2 nights hopefully we will be lucky with some dry weather at least.

I have contacted the pub and booked the 2 nights camping.

Liam (Chug-chug)

Got December off, so subject to budget's etc I'm in. Tent love winter camping :rob

90% coming will confirm soon :beerjug:

Great to see there are some hardy GSer's still out there, and it will be good to see one or two new faces. :thumb
C'mon Tim, you're almost there. I'm going to the pub later this week in order to confirm the maximum number they can cater for, and possibly a spot of lunch, will report back.

It is quite a way off and hard to commit with work but I'd like to go so can I go down as a possible?

Rich I am in... either on bike or wobble box. How are you getting there? When? Not booked with site yet ��

Great to see there are some hardy GSer's still out there, and it will be good to see one or two new faces. :thumb
C'mon Tim, you're almost there. I'm going to the pub later this week in order to confirm the maximum number they can cater for, and possibly a spot of lunch, will report back.

Rich - rather than us all ask Jane, would you ask about the hardy breakfast (or breakfast for the hardy?!) - i'm in for that - unless you're cooking for the masses on your log burner?! ;)
Baz

Rich - rather than us all ask Jane, would you ask about the hardy breakfast (or breakfast for the hardy?!) - i'm in for that - unless you're cooking for the masses on your log burner?! ;)
Baz

Hi Guys,

I'm going to ride down on the Friday so have contacted the Pub and asked for dinner on the Friday, a spot for dinner on the Saturday hopefully with you lot........me being a newby, can squeeze me in ,and have sorted breakfasts too. All confirmed with Libbie

Is anyone else arriving on the Friday?

Liam

Like I said, if there's going to be a few there on the Friday, i'll camp as well. Please book your breakfasts and dinners with the pub, but let them know you're with the UKGSer group, so they know how many are coming and can try to keep us as a group in the pub.
I'd also appreciate a heads up if you have a confirmed booking at the pub for the Saturday, so I know who's coming.

If you're a possible and can't commit at this earlyish date, that's fine, but please understand if this becomes over booked, you'll be fine coming for the camp, but you might not be able to get a meal in the pub. That said, it's a shortish jaunt down to Bovey for some takeout or a pub meal, then whiz back up for a pint or two.

Latest Attendees Update

Myself & Sandy (Nikita's with her Dad this weekend, but it's subject to her not being on call)
Dave & Val Reynolds
Adrian (Orinoco)
Mark (Bazzer 66)
Paul Wong (PWCymru)
Freddie (Matkat - with Sue?)
Liam (Chug-chug)

Had a jolly with Sandy up to the pub today for a general introduction and a spot of lunch. Fish and chips was excellent, the pub's ambience was excellent, the pub's beer was excellent and the pub's fires were lovely and warm. It's a proper English pub, doing what it should do and doing it well. Don't expect fancy dining, but do expect great, well cooked pub grub. If you're thinking of staying on for Sunday lunch, you'll probably need to book. I didn't take a photo of the restaurant section as they had a few people in.
Really looking forward to this now, and i've booked myself in for Friday night and breakfast on Saturday morning.

Back
Top Bottom