Twin cam engine?

Mav

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Have seen a couple facebook posts about putting a twincam engine in to their HP2... Wondered if anyone here had heard of this too? Or had any experience of it being done?

I'm wondering how straightforward it is... how much difference there really is in the engine... and how much you can get a twincam engine for...

Don't bother with all that, just wait for the LC version.:thumb

You're the second person who's claimed a new HP2 is coming... I still remain sceptical.

It should have been announced this week at the show, but will be announced in Milan in November. I put my deposit down on one in June. I hinted about it in May, but nobody here believed me.:rolleyes:

It should have been announced this week at the show, but will be announced in Milan in November. I put my deposit down on one in June. I hinted about it in May, but nobody here believed me.:rolleyes:

Just to be clear - you're saying there's going to be a balls out Enduro bike powered by the LC 1200 engine announced in November?

As to you buying one, I didn't think you were in to getting muddy...

Just to be clear - you're saying there's going to be a balls out Enduro bike powered by the LC 1200 engine announced in November?

As to you buying one, I didn't think you were in to getting muddy...

Yes. Probably. Unofficially, like. I can't officially say, but watch this space.:p

Who knows if I'll take it off road or not, but the specs are very interesting, even if it is just used on road. Let's just say that I'm writing my eBay advert for the XR as we speak.:augie

If you are thinking about putting the HP2 Sport twin-cam engine in, I think it would be horrible and / or require some considerable re-gearing.

Not least, the engine has to warm up. It's not a rev limiter, just a series of lights (set at progressively higher rev's) on the rev counter that have to extinguish before you should give it the full rev range.

Rather like naked R1000RR's that were home made street fighter versions of the standard faired bike, some things really can be too much. Park Lane made one, it was truly horrible to ride. The S1000R is much nicer, as it has less power.

If you are thinking about putting the HP2 Sport twin-cam engine in, I think it would be horrible and / or require some considerable re-gearing.

Not least, the engine has to warm up. It's not a rev limiter, just a series of lights (set at progressively higher rev's) on the rev counter that have to extinguish before you should give it the full rev range.

Rather like naked R1000RR's that were home made street fighter versions of the standard faired bike, some things really can be too much. Park Lane made one, it was truly horrible to ride. The S1000R is much nicer, as it has less power.

I was actually referring to the standard GS twincam engine rather than the HP2 sport engine.

And yes, I agree - sometimes you really can have too much.

I've read comments about a F1000GS, not a HP2, for sure

@The Nutty GSER :

This is NOT a new HP2, even if the frame is blue... :rob:clap

my2017-50d3c43.png

Mav

Moly as you know used a Mega Moto & converted that to off road as he was interested in more power
I am not an expert on the MM or twin cam - as you will know...
However he now has a "standard" HP2 (still in white) as he believes the power characteristics of the MM were wrong off road

Sometimes you can go too far in modifying bikes... Lyndon Poskitt admitted that the handling went wrong when he over did his KTM 950 forks & shock, for instance & he tends to know what he is doing

My HP2 has been de-catted by replacing the exhaust headers with Wunderlich from Rainbow (model8600243) & then re-mapped, so it goes well...

Back
Top Bottom