USA Coast to Coast 2017

Sgt Bilco

Dream Maker
Mod Squad
Reaction score
I did this trip in 2015 and thought it worked very well and was a cracking route across the USA so, I'll be doing it again in 2017. Trip report here.http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showth...t-to-Coast-trip-2015?highlight=Coast+to+Coast

If you have a USA bucket list, you will probably tick most of them off on here with highlights being KittyHawk, Smokie Mountains, The Dragons Tail, Wheels through time museum, Jack Daniels Distillery, Pikes Peak, Million Dollar Highway, Monument Valley, Bryce and Zion Canyons, Hoover Dam, Death Valley, Yosemite, Sequoia, Golden Gate Bridge and teh Pacific Coast Highway. Lots of other sights and great roads as well. Total mileage approx 5000 miles.

The bikes will be shipped into the East Coast in a secure 40 ft box and you can load all you bike gear in it along with your bike.

Depart Norfolk Virginia on on Saturday 17th June 2017 and arrive in Santa Rosa California on Friday 7th July 2017.

This trip is all tarmac so suitable for any bike as long as you feel comfortable on it.

PM me for more details.

Sounds like a brilliant trip and would sign up tomorrow - if only did not have to go to work... ��

When you pm me, please can you let me have your e-mail address so I can send details

Sgt B - I've emailed you a request for details, i'm thinking of doing this and then the Alaska trip........:blagblah

Coast to Coast

Deposit paid and flights booked, roll on next June.

Anyone got a pack list, or any tips for this trip? Ive left myself open to some stick here I know.

Have a great Xmas and New year to all on here.

Andy9

Deposit paid and flights booked, roll on next June.

Anyone got a pack list, or any tips for this trip? Ive left myself open to some stick here I know.

Have a great Xmas and New year to all on here.

Andy9

Andy, I did a similar trip with Chris back in 2010, best trip ever, you'll love it :thumb
Advice on pack list, take as little as possible, we used to wash our gear at night & wear it next day.
Tips - enjoy every day, we did. :)
:beerjug:

Great time to start planning your summer trips and I've a couple of spaces left on this trip.

PM me your email address and I'll get details to you:thumb

I trust you all had a good Christmas and New Year. Now all that's over we can get down to the real business of trips for 2017. As I've mentioned, we will have a pre trip meeting to go through all the details. It also gives us a great opportunity to meet each other and ask any questions you need to.

The date will be Saturday 4th February 2017 and the details are as follows:

Adventure Bike Warehouse
Unit 5 Agecroft Enterprise Park
Swinton
Manchester
M27 8WA

www.adventurebikewarehouse.com

I plan to start the presentation at 2.00pm and it will cover all our trips this summer.

If you are booked on one of the trips and you cannot make it for any reason, I will send you all the presentation notes via email so will be up to speed with everything.

Gary will knock up one of his infamous Chili's for the occasion and will have a wide range of adventure bike equipment and clothing on display so bring your credit cards.

Anyone is welcome to come to this and listen to me woffle on for a couple of hours about riding in the USA. It's a great way to clear away the winter blues and to have a good chat with like minded folk.

If you are interested in a trip in the future or just want to know about riding in North America come along and I'll be able to answer any questions you might have.

Attachments

• Mountains.jpg
    Mountains.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 627
  • Pikes Peak2.jpg
    Pikes Peak2.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 638
Weather is fair for tomorrow Chris- see you there :thumb2:thumb2

Sun's out (ish!) on the coast, so I think a ride towards Swinton is in order.:cool:

Excellent day yesterday and thanks for everyone for showing up. I bloody well missed Sue's Lemon Drizzle cake and I'm still upset this morning :(

If anyone wants details on this trip or Alaska, let me know.

Excellent day yesterday and thanks for everyone for showing up. I bloody well missed Sue's Lemon Drizzle cake and I'm still upset this morning :(

If anyone wants details on this trip or Alaska, let me know.

I'll see what i can do for you regards getting emergency Lemon Drizzle cake to you while you are in Trafford Park.
Can't have you getting grumpy with the punters now, can we!

:comfort

All

Time is marching on and I'm just starting all the paperwork for this trip. Still a couple of places left if anyone fances a brilliant trans US trip.

No problem if you just want shipping and you can either come back in 4 or 9 weeks in my containers from the West Coast.

You know you want to.........:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom