Which 650 ?

crumbles

C*ntry Bumpkin.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Having sold the Gs1200,i fancy a 650 but which one..
I also plan to do a big trip or hope to next year,to Russia and beyond
what i would like to know is there a specific year or model to go for,not worried about year age ..
Cheers Mike

If you're buying an F then the later twin spark is the better bike. Dakar has more suspension travel but the forks aren't great. XCountry has a decent following. Lighter and lower than the F so probably a bit more nimble.

Not biased too much ;) but don´t forget the Yamaha 660´s my XT660R has seen a fair bit of abuse and is still going strong. KLR´s are very popular over here in South America but they have their problems, also a couple of friends with their cherished DR650´s have had major snags with their gear boxes. It´s also luck of the draw but whatever you get you´ll have fun. :thumb2

I bought a 2004 f650gs last year. The only miles my 1150 has done this year is to the MOT station and back. Love the 650 single - not the fastest bike but very capable, very easy to ride and still puts a smile on your face. Came loaded with luggage and extras when I bought it and I feel it is a very complete bike. It is a twin spark but still get a bit of surging with it so not sure what the earlier models would be like but no big deal. The lighter weight than the 1150 is a big plus point as is the 70 plus mpg!

get a KTM 690 you know it makes sense,

I do have a Ktm 250 excf green laner,scares the shit out of me sometimes,it,s just that i want something relativley simple to maintain,
which does long mpg,s....
Looking at Utube videos,there either Ktm,s Gsa,s(heavy) or the 650 Gs,s...

The CCM 450 are ultra light, with a 20 litre tank and 60 mpg get a good range, cracking suspension, 5000 miles mainly in Spain and France last year. There are some available second hand now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not biased too much ;) but don´t forget the Yamaha 660´s my XT660R has seen a fair bit of abuse and is still going strong.

What he says :thumb

That Yam 660 is a great motorcycle, bullet proof, but too tall for me :blast

So a G650 Xcountry/Challenge it would have to be for me :thumb

:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom