Damaged Wheel Rim

Do you want us to do it for you ?

Man up !

Just say .."you've been wronged , pay it immediately" , or be subject to the hassle and extra expense of a claim .

go here

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome

I do not need you to do it for me.
The whole point of a forum is that I can give input on things that others don't know much about and vice versa.
What I do not know much about is the law.
One of you may very well have advised me (for whatever reason) NOT to deliver the bill by hand.

I look forward to hearing from anyone who has been in a similar predicament to myself and what they found was the best way forward so that I can "man up"!

Name that Tyre fitter

Hi

firstly sorry to here of your situation as its a bummer when something like this happens. Especially when you have been using this fitter over the years without problem. Any way as I live in Barry S. Wales I would love to know who not to take tyres too in our area. I understand you might not want to name in a public forum but a PM would be appreciated :beerjug::beerjug:

To remove the disc you have to carefully heat the wheel until you can move the bolts, it does take a fair bit of warming up!

The garage that damaged the wheel, should pay for the repair plus any costs incurred by you.

If he he doesn't, I would just take him to the small claims court.

I would recommend the Which book, 120 letters that get results, worth the money, will walk you through the process.

I would send him a letter now, stating that the repair is 150, plus loss of use of the vehicle, plus your inconvenience and time. Call it 250.

As soon as you have the bill, present it to him together with the additional costs, if he doesn't pay up, take out a small claims court action.

This is is covered by the Consumer Protection Act, see link below to Which website.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act#supply-of-a-service

He should pay, end of.

Anything else, just ask.

He took your money in exchange for delivering a quality, professional service - he has failed to do that.

You don't owe him any favours - unless you are planning to allow him to change tyres for you again in future ?

The law requires that he returns the wheel to the original condition - that does not mandate a replacement wheel.

You can claim for a professional to dismantle the wheel, rotors and bearings off, and a powder coat/bake.

Plus costs incurred in shipping/delivering/returning the wheel, maybe a half day based on your annual salary, plus loss of enjoyment

Repeated thanks.
Still waiting for wheel to be fixed and regretting how much time I've lost out on riding in glorious weather over the last fortnight.

Repeated thanks.
Still waiting for wheel to be fixed and regretting how much time I've lost out on riding in glorious weather over the last fortnight.

I don't understand why you are still waiting and regretting...... you have a year old expensive and otherwise unmarked 4700 mile RT! It's in warranty so you should preserve its quality and only have the rim repaired or replaced at a Main Dealer and have the tyre bead checked etc. Tell him there quote and let him offer to pay or pay yourself and do the Court Action. No way should you do anything less to save him money for heavens sake. You have a virtually new and expensive bike please preserve its immaculateness!!! if there is such a word. Good luck😀 Merrick

I don't understand why you are still waiting and regretting...... you have a year old expensive and otherwise unmarked 4700 mile RT! It's in warranty so you should preserve its quality and only have the rim repaired or replaced at a Main Dealer and have the tyre bead checked etc. Tell him there quote and let him offer to pay or pay yourself and do the Court Action. No way should you do anything less to save him money for heavens sake. You have a virtually new and expensive bike please preserve its immaculateness!!! if there is such a word. Good luck�� Merrick
I'm still waiting as I HAVE to wait, because the wheel is not ready.
I would not be human if I did not regret taking it to the original garage.
I AM having the wheel repaired at the main BMW dealer. Read the previous posts for heaven's sake.

I'm still waiting as I HAVE to wait, because the wheel is not ready.
I would not be human if I did not regret taking it to the original garage.
I AM having the wheel repaired at the main BMW dealer. Read the previous posts for heaven's sake.

Misunderstanding there Knapdog. I scanned through all the previous posts but didn't spot that you had now given the wheel to the main dealer. Delighted you're getting a main dealer repair. It's best for you I'm sure. As I said ' Good Luck ' and please accept my apology for not reading the previous posts correctly.... for heavens sake eh! cheers Merrick

Misunderstanding there Knapdog. I scanned through all the previous posts but didn't spot that you had now given the wheel to the main dealer. Delighted you're getting a main dealer repair. It's best for you I'm sure. As I said ' Good Luck ' and please accept my apology for not reading the previous posts correctly.... for heavens sake eh! cheers Merrick

You're a good man Merrick. I'll keep you informed. Thanks.

All sorted. Cheque arrived in the post yesterday. Thank you all for your help, concerns and suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom