Harley forks

If I can improve things, I'd like to. If I can't, c'est la vie. I still love the bike.

I think you need to change your way of looking at the bike and, to an extent, allow the bike to dictate to you how it should be ridden. Once you 'get' that you'll be even happier with it :)

Andres

I guess it's all part if the initiation rites :D

Sadly not. Our Bez is 'Head of Initiations'. He will no doubt be back soon.

(I think I probably ought to apologise to Andres before he goes into an anxiety meltdown :D. I didn't mean it sossidge... I typed it whilst guffawing like a drain. I hesitated to press the send button trying to wonder at the reaction my words may cause. Sadly though my trigger finger seems a little disconnected from my social conscience and before I knew it my slightly barbed words were whizzing their way through space.)

Hmmm. Springy, bouncy things, aren't they? I'm thinking thicker fork oil and progressive springs, possibly, but my mate Google tells me there are some replacement Ohlins cartridges (FKC-102). Views?

In other news, Kuryakyn heel shift eliminator is on its way and a Sundowner seat's coming tomorrow. Fitted National Cycle 7.5" V-Stream screen which has reduced buffeting.

Oh yeah. We're both loving the bike, warts and all.

You don't state model or age!

My '95 softail custom has progressive springs (needed for control and safety) and thicker oil - been working fine since new.

I'm not up to date with current H-Ds but I thought they changed them all to progressive springs a while ago?

Sadly not. Our Bez is 'Head of Initiations'. He will no doubt be back soon.

(I think I probably ought to apologise to Andres before he goes into an anxiety meltdown :D. I didn't mean it sossidge... I typed it whilst guffawing like a drain. I hesitated to press the send button trying to wonder at the reaction my words may cause. Sadly though my trigger finger seems a little disconnected from my social conscience and before I knew it my slightly barbed words were whizzing their way through space.)

Meltdown?? Fucking meltdown?????? I was trying to be fucking helpful and you just lay into me with little or no consideration for my feelings. I'm sat here at my desk in tears, big fat, salty crocodile tears with the lovely Ann (who sits next to me) trying to console me............. I may just cry a little longer actually, she's quite good :)

Anyway, my apology too for telling you to fuck off as I'd not got to your complete and unconditional retraction at that stage.

Thinking about it, it's a win win isn't it...... Malcthingy now knows what to (not) do to his bike, I'm being consoled by the lovely Ann and you..............actually, what do you get out of it?

Andres

actually, what do you get out of it?

Andres

A damn good giggle. Although I might pop over for a grizzle with Ann.....sounds ok that does. Is nuzzling acceptable in the modern workplace? I'm guessing not. :bounce1

Wot he said:thumb2 Whenever I've had tracking problems it's usually been down to tyres, crap or worn.

Whenever I've had tracking problems it has been down to a mixture of cocaine, ecstasy and alcohol. :bounce1

The std HD Dunlops are proper shit - I run Avon Cobras... Lovely... Ohh and I'm
19st 5 - so thanks for the implement DG

The std HD Dunlops are proper shit - I run Avon Cobras... Lovely... Ohh and I'm
19st 5 - so thanks for the implement DG

It's always nice being implemented.

A damn good giggle. Although I might pop over for a grizzle with Ann.....sounds ok that does. Is nuzzling acceptable in the modern workplace? I'm guessing not. :bounce1

To quote att; I work in a 'shared workspace' so one has to be careful but there are always ways; there's the lockable 'Innovation Room' for starters......................[1]

Andres

[1] Ahhhhhhh, the Innovation Room, where Al and Donna (names changed) used to go for their (not so) secret dalliances - little did they know there was usually a queue outside peeking through the keyhole :D

'Word on the street' says otherwise.

You need to keep off the streets, you're being misled.

.....back to the OPs thread.....have you got air suspension on the forks or have they stopped doing that? I've got it on my 96 RK and it helps to play around with that.

.....back to the OPs thread.....have you got air suspension on the forks or have they stopped doing that? I've got it on my 96 RK and it helps to play around with that.

I fitted air shocks on the rear of my '95 FXSTC.

They've stopped doing them, I think.

Back
Top Bottom