What would you like to do? What/where/when?

monkeyboy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've just got back from taking a group from London, across Europe, Russia, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, China, through Tibet from the north to lhasa then east along the G318 (Jeeeesus, that is without doubt one of, if not the most spectacular routes on the entire planet), then out to Laos and Thailand. It was brilliant. Report to follow as soon as this depression starts to clear...

I've been back a day.... and I'm already bored....

I was going to run the trip again in 2017 but I've just been made redundant and I didn't have quite enough riders to commit to it so I'll do that route again 2018 but.....

I need to think about something to do next year. Something interesting. So I thought I'd ask for ideas of what people might like to do on a 2/3 week trip? I'm up for organising a group on a mini adventure... or just buggering off alone..

Maybe a loop up through Norway and along the top into Russia, St Petersberg, Moscow and home. Maybe out to the east somewhere.. Maybe Nova Scotia and Newfoundland... Ushuia to Santiago... I dunno.

HELP ME OUT HERE:augie

I'm looking forward to reading your report already - be a good chap and get a crack on:augie Your previous reports have been some of the best that I've ever read on here:thumb2

In terms of future trips - if you could limit one to two weeks I reckon you'd get a load of interest. I'd certainly be interested in coming along. The Norway loop sounds good to me:thumby:

I'm looking forward to reading your report already - be a good chap and get a crack on:augie Your previous reports have been some of the best that I've ever read on here:thumb2

In terms of future trips - if you could limit one to two weeks I reckon you'd get a load of interest. I'd certainly be interested in coming along. The Norway loop sounds good to me:thumby:

That's very kind of you DrAlf. You're a very nice man, despite what it says on the internet...

2 weeks is fine. I just need something to aim at!

As for the RR. I didn't make notes as I went along this time which was my bad - so the report is likely to be short on detail. Lots of pics though. So I've got to try and recall 66 days of riding/falling/eating/laughing/crying, days of 'fuck yea'. days of 'oh fuck no' and days of 'did that really just happen?' At least this time I managed a whole trip without staining my gusset or falling off. I left that to the others:) Including one of the best moments of public humility I've ever seen involving a turned over fuel lorry, a crowd of hundreds and a bowel at 500psi that wasn't going to take no for an answer....

I have all of next June off and want to be away for all of it and more. Was thinking around Romainia with everything inbetween. As much dirt riding as possible.
Let me know what you plan :bounce1

I have all of next June off and want to be away for all of it and more. Was thinking around Romainia with everything inbetween. As much dirt riding as possible.
Let me know what you plan :bounce1

OK mate - early days yet. Romania is a beautiful place. I really want to go further out though...and stretch my comfort zone:thumb

Dubai??????
Could ride through 20+ countries depending on the route. All land apart very last bit from Iran to UAE a ferry is needed.
I've been considering doing it for last few days alone next year some time, but would be better as a group I suppose. Depending on time year could even see a F1 race, Monaco,Hungary, Azerbaijan,Germany,Austria or Belgium.....🤔🤔

Dubai??????
Could ride through 20+ countries depending on the route. All land apart very last bit from Iran to UAE a ferry is needed.
I've been considering doing it for last few days alone next year some time, but would be better as a group I suppose. Depending on time year could even see a F1 race, Monaco,Hungary, Azerbaijan,Germany,Austria or Belgium.....🤔🤔

Ummm... that's an interesting thought. I've never considered going that way

Back
Top Bottom