Bobber

I happen to know of a 'one off' built Triumph Bobber for sale if you might be interested?

That looks really nicely put together, and probably truer to the bobber spirit but I think I prefer the new look and design touches. Also Im more of a two year warranty kinda guy :hide .

Not entirely sure about those bars though.

RBW.

That looks really nicely put together, and probably truer to the bobber spirit but I think I prefer the new look and design touches. Also Im more of a two year warranty kinda guy :hide .

Not entirely sure about those bars though.

RBW.

Sheeeeeeeeit .... Warranty?? That's not very rebellious now is it! :D

I applaud Triumph for building this bike I really do and I hope it does well.

However, I think that as with all these new custom styled bikes that putting them into production doesn't really work. Ducati Scrambler, Yamaha XSR700 are a couple of others that have gone down this route. The thing is, a Bobber is something that someone's created from a standard bike, it doesn't have the constraints of type approval etc. It's built from someone's imagination. Once you start rolling them off a production line you have to have mudguards of a certain length, reflectors and indicators and all the other generic components to meet current legislation. The essence of having a Bobber / Scrambler / custom get's lost behind all that stuff.

I'm sure they'll sell oodles of them and fair play to anyone that buys one I guess. For me though I'll always prefer a one off original.

That said, I may have the option to buy the XSR700 which I painted for MSL Magazine. :blast

BOBBER_18.jpg

14868306160_072ab86afc_b.jpg

From the photos that looks like one of the nicest factory customs I've seen.
Having done a couple of ground up builds myself I know how hard a job it is to do it well.....hence the huge amount of substandard crap that's floating around out there.
It's the details that make the difference between a good bike and the also rans.....be interesting to see it in the flesh at the NEC to see how good a job they've done on stuff like hiding the wiring etc.

I applaud them for this, and whilst it is not my particular bag, I can see the appeal and with a mainstream manufacturer coming up with this can only be a good thing as it may attract a wider audience, recapturing some who have been lost to the fold. As for what you say Chris, true it does sort of take away that - one off originality; but for the average Joe, this makes it attainable.

So I doff my cap to Triumph, for mainstream design I think they have done great job, but imagine what could be done by the time a buyer has explored the accessories catalogue or, even better used the imagination and skills of someone like you Chris? It could be a whole business on its own.

Its a thumbs up from me :)

I applaud them for this, and whilst it is not my particular bag, I can see the appeal and with a mainstream manufacturer coming up with this can only be a good thing as it may attract a wider audience, recapturing some who have been lost to the fold. As for what you say Chris, true it does sort of take away that - one off originality; but for the average Joe, this makes it attainable.

So I doff my cap to Triumph, for mainstream design I think they have done great job, but imagine what could be done by the time a buyer has explored the accessories catalogue or, even better used the imagination and skills of someone like you Chris? It could be a whole business on its own.

Its a thumbs up from me :)

A good point well made fella :thumb

With regard to the sentiment of modifying a bike to make a bobber, am I missing something or could a bobber be the base bike that gets modified?

I'm tempted by one of these.. NEC might get expensive.

I just ordered one, in dark red. I love this style of bike.

I understand from the Bike Shed that Triumph are expecting these things to be radically altered on a regular basis, this is in addition to the 150 plus factory goodies that are apparently going to be available. Side number plates, V&H exhaust, brown stitched seat, shortened rear or lengthened mudguard etc....

It looks very similar to my 1949 Sunbeam S7, hopefully slightly more reliable and less oil on the floor....

Attachments

• S71.png
    S71.png
    64.2 KB · Views: 168
  • Bobber.png
    Bobber.png
    38.4 KB · Views: 155
I just ordered one, in dark red. I love this style of bike.

I understand from the Bike Shed that Triumph are expecting these things to be radically altered on a regular basis, this is in addition to the 150 plus factory goodies that are apparently going to be available. Side number plates, V&H exhaust, brown stitched seat, shortened rear or lengthened mudguard etc....

It looks very similar to my 1949 Sunbeam S7, hopefully slightly more reliable and less oil on the floor....

Who is taking orders ? Have you seen one in the flesh ?

All Triumph dealers are taking orders right now. All production run bikes are sold out for the first 2 months production run, but by the end of this week it will be 3 months I suppose. The first sale bikes are to be delivered end Feb. You can put a £250 deposit on a build slot for end April which is refundable if you don't like the demo, which wont be available in dealers until March. Pure Triumph sold their entire allocation for the first 2 months in 3 days this week. I rang on Sunday afternoon to be told the earliest I can get one is 6 months time!

No I haven't seen one in the flesh, as there are only a few launch bikes, but if you don't like it they will give you a refund as there is a queue a mile long for these things. I just want one.

Back
Top Bottom