Bit of a favour needed in Norwich..

g00ner

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Is there a kind hearted soul in the vicinity of UEA who possesses a few spanners and can spare an hour?

Lad no.1 is a student stayng in a private rental about 1.5 miles from the campus (Three Score estate?). He's been out on his 125 today but had a little trouble selecting gears towards the end of the ride - sounds like his chain is too loose and needs adjusting. I've shown him how to do it before but 1. He's not confident and 2. He hasn't any tools up there with him :blast

Ordinarily I'd fix it on my next visit but he uses the bike for work to Asda twice a week soooooo..... before I send a mobile mech round there to sort it does anyone fancy helping him out for beer tokens? Any suggestions of a friendly garage nearby he can get the bike too would be just as useful too :thumb2

Thanks muchly :beerjug:

i would have thought more a clutch adjustment or gear change linkage fault, just an alternative idea,

Norfolk Tiger is that neck of the woods somewhere, but he's such a fuck-wit he'll probably only make the problem worse ... :thumb

Is there a kind hearted soul in the vicinity of UEA who possesses a few spanners and can spare an hour?

Lad no.1 is a student stayng in a private rental about 1.5 miles from the campus (Three Score estate?). He's been out on his 125 today but had a little trouble selecting gears towards the end of the ride - sounds like his chain is too loose and needs adjusting. I've shown him how to do it before but 1. He's not confident and 2. He hasn't any tools up there with him :blast

Ordinarily I'd fix it on my next visit but he uses the bike for work to Asda twice a week soooooo..... before I send a mobile mech round there to sort it does anyone fancy helping him out for beer tokens? Any suggestions of a friendly garage nearby he can get the bike too would be just as useful too :thumb2

I'd be happy to have a look but unfortunately I couldn't do anything till next weekend,let me know if you don't get sorted in the meantime :thumby:

Norfolk Tiger is that neck of the woods somewhere, but he's such a fuck-wit he'll probably only make the problem worse ... :thumb

This coming from the mechanical simpleton who couldn't identify what fuel to put in his bike :blast

.. This coming from the mechanical simpleton who couldn't identify what fuel to put in his bike :blast

But I did identify it .... I remember actually riding onto the forecourt looking for a black pump ... :D

I can have a look at it around midday tomorrow. That work for him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No worries g00ner. He'd be more than welcome to bring the bike over to mine after work tomorrow (I live in Attleborough which is about 15 miles south of Norwich)...that way I could get the Mrs to make him a decent sandwich and a brew whilst I had a look at the bike. As a student it would probably be the best meal he has all week

Wish I could be more flexible and offer some options during the week but off to the sunny SW with work on Monday.

More than happy to arrange something for next weekend but guessing you'll want it sorted before then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom