Kawasaki KH250

steve hughes

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Not bad for a 39 year old bike!.
Took it for its first run today 250cc 3 cyls , turbine delivery of 28 BHP Half what my 250cc KR1S puts out , but buttery smooth and a lovely howl from the exhaust.
Expensive yes , mint Yes , no Patina Yes, but better than a blo..y ISA at 1%

Yep it is nice the 500 and 750' are ethereal in price. The 350's are rock hard to find so I settled with this. Including the lawn mower and the strimmer I now have 5 two strokes........

in 1977 i had a brand new one paid £640.00 loved it, wasn't as fast as the RD's but the sound made up for that :D

Ahh Steve, that's a belter......this is the one you pm'd me about. Where did you find it? You are right about the ISA and savings etc at least you can ride and look at this investment ......lovely :clap

That takes me back :)I had a new one in 1975, it was the early S1 version in blue with front drum brake :eek:

It was great fun though even with the splendid original Japanese tyres and the plug fouling. Yet another bike I wish I still had in the garage.

i loved these when i was 17 , I raced in the KH400 series at a few rounds . My friend as a 250, 400 and 750 in his garage, not has mint as yours though ..love it

Not bad for a 39 year old bike!.
Took it for its first run today 250cc 3 cyls , turbine delivery of 28 BHP Half what my 250cc KR1S puts out , but buttery smooth and a lovely howl from the exhaust.
Expensive yes , mint Yes , no Patina Yes, but better than a blo..y ISA at 1%

That is impressive, bought a new one in green back in the late 70s.

Had a cold siezure at 70 mph on the A14 (A604 as it was) on a winters ride to college in Cambridge - scary! loved that bike.

Thanks guys for all the positive comments. Im just looking forward to nice day rides before the inevitable salt & grime comes along. Had a chance to read through the pile of paperwork it came with, including every MOT since 1984!

Riding position is very 70's high footpegs and semi upright bars. Even feels more upright from the GS 650. Power delivery is modest BUT the wail from the three 84 cc pots is great. It fires every 120 degres so there is no beat or rythm it just shrieks!

Gorgeous bike , like you I think 2 strokes are a good investment.

OP....Does my ageing eyesight spot some sort of NSU Quickly as your avatar ????.....Tell all, possibly in a new thread....PLEASE....:)

OP....Does my ageing eyesight spot some sort of NSU Quickly as your avatar ????.....Tell all, possibly in a new thread....PLEASE....:)

Jonnie only been on here for 6 years with this avatar, but not a NSU , its a Rabeneick Binnetta , to all intents and purpose its just like a quickly , but it has rear suspension (oil filled) and a Sachs 50/2 engine. I love it its 59 years old and trails me by a year. Approx 5 years I rode it to Liverpool, not content with this I put it on the Mersey ferry and went over to the Wirral. 100 miles took me 6 hours, great job in terms of blowing out the exhaust.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 598
Jonnie only been on here for 6 years with this avatar, but not a NSU , its a Rabeneick Binnetta , to all intents and purpose its just like a quickly , but it has rear suspension (oil filled) and a Sachs 50/2 engine. I love it its 59 years old and trails me by a year. Approx 5 years I rode it to Liverpool, not content with this I put it on the Mersey ferry and went over to the Wirral. 100 miles took me 6 hours, great job in terms of blowing out the exhaust.

Many thanks for the info' Steve.....:thumb

I thought that I had heard of every bike on the planet, but I've NEVER heard of a Rabeneick Binnetta....As you say, very much like a Quickly (I had a number of them fortyish years ago.....well made things, and went really well for the day)

We seem to have drifted off Kawasaki triples......:D

I agree we have diverged, but then life is a series if turns or even U turns, its a super bike and with magneto start, starts every time even after a 4 month winter with old fuel. It shames new bikes.

That's a lovely looking bike. I picked up a lime green one in mint condition for £120 a few months after learners were banned from riding them and wish I'd got it in the garage now :blast

Back
Top Bottom