Whats the best throttle lock/cruise control

sword

Reaction score
Evening all Just starting to enjoy my new purchase of a 2011 gsa but I am having trouble with my right hand . I seem to recall some disussion here about the dreaded white fingers or dead hand and a few solutions were suggested including a simple throttle lock.Are there any opinions on the most successful ? The other thing I noticed on my first run was a bit of a speed wobble around 80 mph. The bike is well set up with a tall Givi screen and rox risers.I checked the tyre pressures and they seemed ok. Has anyone else had this experience and if so how did they resolve it. As always many thanks in advance .

Hi, I have used the Go Cruise 2 throttle lock for some years, it is cheap and very easy to adjust...simple and effective. In terms of wheel wobble I did have this on part worn Tourance Exp's as have a few others. Changed to Trailsmarts and steady as a rock. What tyres are you running?

I've got a throttle rocker. Well worth it (especially after rewaxing gloves). Simple. Does the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had a Jaws one, a Beemer Bob one and Kaoko. The Kaoka is by far the best for one reason - it tightens as you open the throttle, rather than having to do some dick-dance trying to keep the throttle wound on whilst turning the lock in the opposite direction...

EDIT I also tried the plastic one that costs about £12 - but have broken four of them (all replaced without a question by the manufacturer). He has chosen the wrong material to make them from - otherwise they aren't a bad idea...

Kaoko is the best :thumby:

Yep I'd agree with that.

I've had 2 of them on 2 GS's and a Jaws one on another GS. The Jaws one works, and was ok, but the Kaoko is just better. It's nicer to use, looks better and works just that little bit better. you pays your money etc etc, the Kaoko one is significantly dearer but worth the extra expense.

Throttle friction screw

BMW have made these for their police bikes for years. The last one I had was on a R1100RT. I know that was a long time ago but I can't imagine them not doing them still. Getting access to their police bike parts list is the problem. In those days it was on a different fiche at the dealer. It may now just be a dealer access only list on the internet. Ask your dealer specifically about police bike parts.

Tom

Back
Top Bottom