tailight g650 gs

ogre

Reaction score
hi all just bought a 2014 g650gs and the tailight is not working bulb ok.tested wire and no power at the back.brake light comes on with foot pedal but front lever brake doesnt.is there a connecting block somewhere can't see at the back.any help much appreciated.

hi all just bought a 2014 g650gs and the tailight is not working bulb ok.tested wire and no power at the back.brake light comes on with foot pedal but front lever brake doesnt.is there a connecting block somewhere can't see at the back.any help much appreciated.

There might be a little micro switch under the front brake level that isn't functioning correctly (there is on my G650X). Find this switch and you should be able to follow it back to the loom.

I had the exact same problem on my sertao. Switch was working but although it had power to it, would it bugger light the back end up. I think the feed back from front end goes through a diode that may be blown. I gave up chasing wires and ran another from switch to the loom that fed the rear light at back. If yer find out why yours dont work please post up. HTHY.

thanks will do gotta find why tailight no power as well

just an update traced wires back to a connecting block under the front of the seat.bit shocked to see how small the pins are wont take much for a dodgy connection sure enough cleaned it popped it in and out a few times and everything is working now.to be honest this bike is in a shocking state for a 2014 bike the more i look the more corrosion i find.i feel i have rescued the poor sod ha.not rode it properly yet so putting it back together and going to take it for a spin.

Back
Top Bottom