Its Turbo Time!

They're not all of the same family at all,actually.

The GPz range are all air cooled and thus are 'family'.
Although the bastard offspring GPz305 twin can technically be excluded.

The GPZ models such as the aforementioned GPZ1000RX and the seminal GPZ900R are liquid cooled and of a totally different design throughout.

It's all in the zed,baby. :augie

Yawn! :blagblah :D Anyway I don't think the (Z or possibly ZX) 750E Turbo was ever sold as a GPz/Z in the UK, it had GPZ stickers on the engine but thats about it.

If the antidive doesn't work or acts up there's an easy repair to just blank it off and make the forks standard with no antidive. Take the unit off the forks and you'll see two small holes in the forks. You need to make 6mm thick blanking plate and mill a slot about 3mm deep with the width the same as the hole diameter and long enough so that it joins the two holes and the oil flows between them rather than going into the antidive unit. Paint it black and you'll never even notice it but the forks work a lot better.

If the antidive doesn't work or acts up there's an easy repair to just blank it off and make the forks standard with no antidive. Take the unit off the forks and you'll see two small holes in the forks. You need to make 6mm thick blanking plate and mill a slot about 3mm deep with the width the same as the hole diameter and long enough so that it joins the two holes and the oil flows between them rather than going into the antidive unit. Paint it black and you'll never even notice it but the forks work a lot better.
Cheers not got that far yet, but its a good suggestion if I get issues, I'd like to keep it as stock as possible, but I also realise there are quite a few bits that are unavailable nowadays so its nice to have options!

I only know about the antidive 'fix' because my wife had a turbo for a while and the antidive went sulky on that one so I spent ages trying to track down parts to fix it before giving up and blanking it off. I was surprised how bad it must have been getting because it was a lot better once it was sorted.

New project collected yesterday, it will be spending some time on the bench i suspect!

Been stood for many years, not bad condition but needs plenty doing just to get it going!

14256600_1329188820449212_1145988585_n-M.jpg

A better looking bike than the new H2

Please tell me it was cheap and you didn't realise it was that colour until you went to collect it :hide

Please tell me it was cheap and you didn't realise it was that colour until you went to collect it :hide

How dare you, the colour matched my saturday shell suit, as for price, who is able to put a price on originality, anyway it is a factory colour and the only one i've ever seen!

Back
Top Bottom