Jerez route

fatbob99

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Planning on going to Jerez next year via Santander/ Bilbao route
Anybody got any suggestions on any decent route or have experience of getting down there.
Going to go on the Tuesday and comeback the following
Wednesday so was thinking of getting there on the Friday/ Saturday and wanted to take in some decent roads , any suggestions
Thanks in advance

RiDE magagazine, free download routes.

See similar threads for links.

By bikers, for bikers.

Anybody got any suggestions on any decent route or have experience of getting down there.
Going to go on the Tuesday and comeback the following
Wednesday so was thinking of getting there on the Friday/ Saturday and wanted to take in some decent roads , any suggestions
Thanks in advance

From Bilboa or Santander. Palencia. E 80 Valladolid, Salamanca, E803 plasencia,Caceres,Merida, Seville, A4, E5, Cadiz, Jerez is on your right before you hit Cadiz. Been a few times, amazing place. If you are solo , watch out for the kids wanting a backer between the lights going through the town. The whole place is alive ..:beerjug:

The Ruta De Plata is an interesting way to go down the west(ish) side of Spain.

It's the old trade route, details here LINKY

Quite a few sections of it are on old, virtually unused roads due to the fact that newer, faster roads have now been built. This can make them great fun for hooning on a bike as hardly any other traffic uses them. Also, as it's an old trade route it passes through some of Spain's better (and lesser) known national treasures with lots of history on the way if that's your bag.

Oh, and it misses out Madrid which is a shit hole :D

Andres

Quite a few sections of it are on old, virtually unused roads due to the fact that newer, faster roads have now been built. This can make them great fun for hooning on a bike as hardly any other traffic uses them. Also, as it's an old trade route it passes through some of Spain's better (and lesser) known national treasures with lots of history on the way if that's your bag.

Andres

Nice one Andres, might have to check that one out myself. If you ar'nt pushed for time , thats well worth a look. You know Madrid then. The last time we were down that way. We stopped in a mountain Village called Monterjaque in the Sierra de Grazalema national park not to far from Rhonda.The the whole area was stunning, and the roads , sublime. It was a little bit cold late April, but woth it. Madrid was snowed in with a good 4 inches apparently. :beerjug:

Nice one Andres, might have to check that one out myself. If you ar'nt pushed for time , thats well worth a look. You know Madrid then. The last time we were down that way. We stopped in a mountain Village called Monterjaque in the Sierra de Grazalema national park not to far from Rhonda.The the whole area was stunning, and the roads , sublime. It was a little bit cold late April, but woth it. Madrid was snowed in with a good 4 inches apparently. :beerjug:

Ha ha, yes I know Madrid but my family's from Barcelona - there's little love lost between the two cities, to put it mildly!

The 'shit hole' reference comes from a discussion I once had with a certain sanctimonious, pompus twat on here (who's currently got a thread about Venice in the pub). He rated Madrid as the place to go 'cos it was on his bucket list and he'd read in a book that it was supposed to be all 'cultural' and everything - red rag to a bull that was ;)

Andres

Andres

Cheers :thumby:

Ha ha, yes I know Madrid but my family's from Barcelona - there's little love lost between the two cities, to put it mildly!

The 'shit hole' reference comes from a discussion I once had with a certain sanctimonious, pompus twat on here (who's currently got a thread about Venice in the pub). He rated Madrid as the place to go 'cos it was on his bucket list and he'd read in a book that it was supposed to be all 'cultural' and everything - red rag to a bull that was ;)

Andres

With a bit of luck , the bridge of sighs may keep him for awhile.:D

I can recommend Hotel El Coloso in Jerez lovely hotel in centre of old town with underground secure parking booking.com list it got a cracking deal of 30€ night

I'm with Outomunch on this one, the old Silver Route is the best option IMHO. If you have the time, there are some exceptional old Cities to visit too - we like Salamanca, Placencia, Caceres, Merida, Zafra, Sevilla.

Assume you are talking MotGP incidentally. We did the A1/A4/AP4 trip one year - the road was infested with some absolutely crazy riders, who seemed to have left their brains behind in Madrid. The A4 Autopista splits at KM241 for the Desfiladero de Despenaperros, which saw guys in large groups racing through the bends/tunnels at ludicrous speed. Accidents everywhere. bikes strewn along the storm drains & riders needing medicare. Best avoided.

We usually stay at Arcos de la Frontera for the GP, as we prefer a haven of calm - only try Jerez if you want 'lively'. Cadiz is another option too. Make sure you get to the track early, as traffic gets chaotic.

Enjoy the trip .................... KEN

I'm with Outomunch on this one, the old Silver Route is the best option IMHO. If you have the time, there are some exceptional old Cities to visit too - we like Salamanca, Placencia, Caceres, Merida, Zafra, Sevilla.

Assume you are talking MotGP incidentally. We did the A1/A4/AP4 trip one year - the road was infested with some absolutely crazy riders, who seemed to have left their brains behind in Madrid. The A4 Autopista splits at KM241 for the Desfiladero de Despenaperros, which saw guys in large groups racing through the bends/tunnels at ludicrous speed. Accidents everywhere. bikes strewn along the storm drains & riders needing medicare. Best avoided.

We usually stay at Arcos de la Frontera for the GP, as we prefer a haven of calm - only try Jerez if you want 'lively'. Cadiz is another option too. Make sure you get to the track early, as traffic gets chaotic.

Enjoy the trip .................... KEN

+1 for 'the haven of calm' that is Arcos, we've been to the Moto GP a few times, and always stay in the old town sector, wonderful views from the rooftops !

Anybody got any suggestions on any decent route.....

RiDE magagazine, free download routes.

See similar threads for links.

By bikers, for bikers.

Bang on cue, RiDE have just published their rather good annual summary wrap-up of ideas, suggestions and routes.

You can download their suggested route down to Jerez here:

http://www.ride.co.uk/routes-1/the-ride-guide-to-europe-second-edition

By scrolling down to:

CROSS-COUNTRY ROUTES TO MOTOGP CIRCUITS

Is it the best or only way to get to Jerez? Possibly not. But just like where to stay, what to do and not to do, everyman and his dog will have an opinion on that. What it will do is give you an idea to work on over the forthcoming months before next year's departure and maybe even do the whole job for you. Who knows?

Bang on cue, RiDE have just published their rather good annual summary wrap-up of ideas, suggestions and routes.

You can download their suggested route down to Jerez here:

http://www.ride.co.uk/routes-1/the-ride-guide-to-europe-second-edition

By scrolling down to:

CROSS-COUNTRY ROUTES TO MOTOGP CIRCUITS

Is it the best or only way to get to Jerez? Possibly not. But just like where to stay, what to do and not to do, everyman and his dog will have an opinion on that. What it will do is give you an idea to work on over the forthcoming months before next year's departure and maybe even do the whole job for you. Who knows?

Cheers
Andres route is looking favourite and for some sadistic reason we are camping at the circuit this year to maximise the sleep deprivation.
According to the others the villa with pool ruined the mugello trip last year :/

Better you than me!!

Jerez is just as 'bonkers' as Mugello, but with a certain Spanish twist. How will you keep all your bikes/gear secure on raceday?

I think I would stay home & watch the highlights on TV instead.

Enjoy it ........................ KEN

Better you than me!!

Jerez is just as 'bonkers' as Mugello, but with a certain Spanish twist. How will you keep all your bikes/gear secure on raceday?

I think I would stay home & watch the highlights on TV instead.

Boxes and PAC safes , we've never had an issue before with that sort of thing
Been to Aragon , catalunya , Brno , Assen , Mugello and quite a few Wsbk rounds , it's always been a little crazy but never lost anything.
I guess you could watch it on the telly , but it's become a bit of a habit with some mates year after year since I stopped doing track days

Cheers
Andres route is looking favourite and for some sadistic reason we are camping at the circuit this year to maximise the sleep deprivation.
According to the others the villa with pool ruined the mugello trip last year :/

It's no more bonkers than the Bol, or Le Mans campsites for the 24hr races. Sometimes you just have to say , fuck it i'am going, and hope for the best. Doomongery is for loosers . Enjoy.:beerjug:

Just ignore me guys, I'm an old git, whose been riding for the past 50 years in Europe & US.

Having been to most of the circuits, I've got choosy about how I travel, where I stay & how much hassle I want to endure in exchange for the experience. Just sayin how it is for me - you young guns need to get out there & see it for yourselves, warts & all. With unfettered migration around S.Europe, some parts are getting a bit 'Wild West' these days - hardly suprising; what do we expect when folk arrive across the Straights of Gib on a leaky boat, without a pot to piss in.

Back
Top Bottom