Moto Guzzi V7 II - what do you reckon?

bakerlonglegs

Relative numpty
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm downsizing bikes, and just need something for weekend bimbles and the occasional long weekend away in the U.K. staying in hostels/bunkhouses. I've always fancied the idea of a Guzzi and the V7 II Special has caught my eye, it's based on the Stone.

http://www.motoguzzi.com/uk_EN/moto/naked/V7-II/V7-Special/

Any one got one? Any horror stories?

I suppose an alternative would be an RNineT but I've only got about £7.5k to spend so the R9T is probably out of my range :nenau.

:beerjug:

My pal has one picked it up with appx 1500 carefull miles. Painy colour is lovely like a creme and tangerine. Build quality looks very nice. He uses his as his practical day to day bike. He has 10 bikes to choose from!

Great looking bike and they sound fantastic too. I think this version 2 is slightly longer so you don't hit your knees on the engine :D The Triumph Street twin has 20 more NM of Torque and 7 more BHP for a similar price though.

I'm downsizing bikes, and just need something for weekend bimbles and the occasional long weekend away in the U.K. staying in hostels/bunkhouses. I've always fancied the idea of a Guzzi and the V7 II Special has caught my eye, it's based on the Stone.

http://www.motoguzzi.com/uk_EN/moto/naked/V7-II/V7-Special/

Any one got one? Any horror stories?

I suppose an alternative would be an RNineT but I've only got about £7.5k to spend so the R9T is probably out of my range :nenau.

Bike Mag have just tested it and it beat the 9T scrambler.

Mate has one and loves it.

Ok,they tested the new Stornello but read the verdict !!!

7c26f75dc6b15203c057e05838347b10.png
9a2ad4054db254d8580385572d748d13.png
8117e6ff63a3b604b32ec6a2be0b6535.png

have you got long legs Bakerlonglegs..... ??? if so forget it they are midget sized...

I found the rear shocks were boneshakingly harsh. The front end was fine. It was well suited on the back roads with precise handling.
Can't speak for motorway use, and I would upgrade the rear shocks if I owned one. There was plenty of room on it, I'm 32" inside leg and 6'1".

Guzzi are an aquired taste, I've owned one and loved it (Norge 1200), but they're not for everyone.

If you manage to test ride one, ask for as long as possible. It may feel a bit strange at first. Stop have a break and get back on, it'll grow on you.

There was a letter in Ride last month from a bloke who bought a new one, he said the OE suspension was terrible but when he replaced both front and rear he raved about it.

Bikermate on here had a brand new yellow one earlier this year, seemed very happy with it - do a search and PM him?

Had a V7 classic still regret selling it moto strada rear end various bits and pieces reverse megaphone pipes awesome little bike..change rear shocks its a blast...

there are a few with clutch and/or gearchange problems . had a punter in with one that has had , clutch, g/box , complete clutch assm. ....then an engine ! then a g/box . ....i blame the shop he goes to .

The pained look on the face of Rupe Paul (the one on the left) is because he hated that Ducati Scrambler and said that 20 miles was the most he could do on it without a stop. I didn't realise they'd tested it against the Guzzi or I'd have laughed even more at how he'd caught the short straw :D

Not ridden one yet, but very taken by the V7 Stone, quite fancy one, just about 2/3rds weight of my R1100GS, another reminisce as I had a V50 as a lad :)

There seem to be some cracking deals about on 2015 bikes, probably as there's talk of the Mk3 being launched, but also, there about 4 model variations of th e V7 2 as it is (not talking about scrambler, racer, stone etc), but significant engine changes

I have a v7 stone. Ive stripped the chrome and powdercoated everything black. I have wrapped the exhaust and changed the pipes for reverse cones (60 quid for the pair) i have wide shoulders so swopped the handle bars for wider ones which have made all the difference. I use mine as a daily commute alongside my 1150gs... i absolutely love mine. I think the special looks and sounds ok but to be honest for the price you pay new .. you could get a basic stone and change it to your taste. Motostrada have some nice custom v7s for sale. Mine has 20k on the clock and has not had any major problems... i am 5ft 11 and find it most comfortable. I would recommend a long test ride as the first 10 mins i found it a vit boring ....30mins later i was sold.

they are fast enough to give you a thrill... basic back to basics biking... great sounding.... love it love it...

dusty

Thanks very much for all the replies (and the scanned article) :thumb2 :D

A test ride is defo required. I went to the Guzzi dealer in Peterborough on Saturday to have a look at them - they've got a few in, of various specs. The Special with the blue tank on looks especially cool. Got some great deals on as well.

Thanks very much for all the replies (and the scanned article) :thumb2 :D

A test ride is defo required. I went to the Guzzi dealer in Peterborough on Saturday to have a look at them - they've got a few in, of various specs. The Special with the blue tank on looks especially cool. Got some great deals on as well.

Saw some nice ones in QB today when I went to sit on an Audace seeing as I've bought one blind !!
5060892e67b9354829c124676ebe35ff.jpg
1956aeda0dccb3650e9017bc0bf562f1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom