BMW navigator 5 help

xantamisch

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've tried planning routes in 2 ways:

- putting a final destination in, then adding other towns into the active route. This way if i bypass a town centre on route it keeps trying to route me back to the town centre I've missed i.e. If I want to go a to c via b it keeps sending me back to b until I reprogram the route

- using the app function to put in towns a, b, c. However, this way it asks me to put in a specific street, which most of the time I don't know, so I end up guessing and getting the same re-routing issue as above

I don't really want to plan routes in advance on a laptop. Really just do on the fly on the unit itself

What's the best way? I think you may be able to tell it to ignore destination b once you get close and carry on to c? (Using example above)

Thanks

The towns you are entering are waypoints, that is why the device is sending you back through any you miss.

There are several ways to avoid the problem, maybe the easiest is to use the skip function. For example:

A to E via towns, B, C and D

Ride off on your way, following the route A to B. Go through B and all is so far well. Get bored, so you decide to miss out C and go straight to D. Push the skip button and the device will recalculate you through to D and then on to E.

Back
Top Bottom