RapidBike EASY - initial thoughts

Hi.

I thought it correct to update the group regarding the RapidBike.

It is still doing everything it says on the box and is probably one of the best mods i have on the bike.
HOWEVER come MOT time, if emissions are checked - the bike will FAIL cause of this module.

I had my first Spanish ITV (equivalent of the UK MOT)a few weeks ago and out of interest, i checked the gases at a friends garage a few hours before my appointment. The bike was WAY over the prescribed 0.1% polluting gases allowed. It was showing 6.5 on the machine. So obviously that would have been an instant & total fail.
We quickly unplugged the RapidBike and it still showed the same emissions readings. Luckily i had my GS911 with me. Only after clearing the Lambda error codes (that the RapidBike always gives when it was plugged in & working) did the gas test go back to normal.

So, moral of the story: If your country tests for emissions, make sure you disconnect the module, clear the error codes, use some kind of catalytic converter cleaner which you can pour into the fuel tank and make sure the bike is HOT when the tester shoves the testing stick down the exhaust.

I passed my ITV, but next time i will prepare my bike in good time!

without doubt!

Hi.

I thought it correct to update the group regarding the RapidBike.

It is still doing everything it says on the box and is probably one of the best mods i have on the bike.
HOWEVER come MOT time, if emissions are checked - the bike will FAIL cause of this module.

I had my first Spanish ITV (equivalent of the UK MOT)a few weeks ago and out of interest, i checked the gases at a friends garage a few hours before my appointment. The bike was WAY over the prescribed 0.1% polluting gases allowed. It was showing 6.5 on the machine. So obviously that would have been an instant & total fail.
We quickly unplugged the RapidBike and it still showed the same emissions readings. Luckily i had my GS911 with me. Only after clearing the Lambda error codes (that the RapidBike always gives when it was plugged in & working) did the gas test go back to normal.

So, moral of the story: If your country tests for emissions, make sure you disconnect the module, clear the error codes, use some kind of catalytic converter cleaner which you can pour into the fuel tank and make sure the bike is HOT when the tester shoves the testing stick down the exhaust.

I passed my ITV, but next time i will prepare my bike in good time!

Hi fella, appreciate the update (as I`m sure do all of us) and I`m totally convinced that you are right in every word - as Euro4 makes its mark and our bikes are made to run leaner and leaner anything we do to return the bikes to a better, more efficient AFR will get screwed over :mad:

It`s not a time to get on my soapbox (so I won`t) but yes, any mods we do to our bikes we must remove before testing, ensuring that all resets are done to acheive a pass!

Good post fella :thumb2

Hi.

Have I missed something? I didn't think emissions are part of the MOT for bikes

These sound good... are they just plug and play? had AF-XIED on my last bike, so is it a similar thing?

Just not sure about the CAT flush before the MOT.. are we saying running at 13.5 clogs / damages the Cat over time?.. or are they ok to run at this AFR?

How easy are they to set once installed.. I have access to a AFR meter.. does it need one?.. PM sent anyway... Thanks

The OP is is Spain.
They’ve tested emissions there for over 25yrs on every vehicle not just cars/trucks.
Seen and had them fail because the vehicle was cold by the time it was checked - you have to remember that there are NO independent testers there.
You go to the ITV centre (like a VOSA testing centre here), book in, get your paperwork handed to you and then join the line of cars, etc.
The sooner they introduce it here the better tbh.
If something fails it’s because it FAILS not because the garage want to make ££!

The OP is is Spain.
They’ve tested emissions there for over 25yrs on every vehicle not just cars/trucks.
Seen and had them fail because the vehicle was cold by the time it was checked - you have to remember that there are NO independent testers there.
You go to the ITV centre (like a VOSA testing centre here), book in, get your paperwork handed to you and then join the line of cars, etc.
The sooner they introduce it here the better tbh.
If something fails it’s because it FAILS not because the garage want to make ££!

Not sure about that.. how would I get my Harley through :(

I'll lay money The State here won't do any testing itself - it will be done by third parties with a profit involved like everything else.

Back
Top Bottom