MELROSE SEVENS 2017

Blackal

Reaction score
Looks like I've got all the grandstand tickets I applied for - for the Sevens in 2017 :clap:clap:clap

pMNlr8vs_400x400.jpeg

A huge event in the Borders, and a great weekend in Melrose :rob

melrose-sevens_edited-1.jpg

Now an Olympic event - but this is the original, real McCoy :rob

Tickets available here: http://www.melroserugbyshop.co.uk/index.php?cPath=2

Can't wait! :thumb:beer::beerjug::friday:ChrisKelly:101

Al :thumb2

I'll be there, 3rd year in a row :beerjug:

A cracking day out. We go down on Friday, have a few cold ones to get in the mood then a great Saturday watching some good rugby. Well worth it :thumb2

Not been for a few years since my father in law passed away, but could well be up for it again in '17.

I remember being almost hypothermic there about 10 years ago. I'd just got back from a holiday in Portugal and wasn't quite ready for the change in climate.

It was great weather last year (my first visit) - but appreciate that it could just as easily be cold/wet.

Al

So, off down to Melrose Friday for some cracking sport on Saturday. Best to lubricate Friday night to get in the mood :beerjug:

melrose

we have just returned from melrose,four days riding in the borders and cheviots, a local told us they are excpecting 20,000 people there this weekend. Great little place freindly and the beer and food is good.

What a cracking day! Great weather, and some cracking rugby. Would have liked to see Melrose win, but Harlequins were dominant throughout the heats.

A bit strange to see who I thought was the best Selkirk player (Adams?) drafted in to Melrose team for the last two games, after Selkirk was put out - must check up the rules on that one.

Looked like several drunk youngsters got home via 999-Taxis early on in the evening.

Roll-on next year

Al:beerjug:

What a cracking day! Great weather, and some cracking rugby. Would have liked to see Melrose win, but Harlequins were dominant throughout the heats.

A bit strange to see who I thought was the best Selkirk player (Adams?) drafted in to Melrose team for the last two games, after Selkirk was put out - must check up the rules on that one.

Looked like several drunk youngsters got home via 999-Taxis early on in the evening.

Roll-on next year

Sounds great and the weather just perfect for it eh.

Roll-on next year

Yup, A great day, only improvement would have been a Melrose win but that was always unlikely. They did well to get to the final. As for Adams, I kept thinking he looked really like the Selkirk guy, some coincidence!
A couple of the Quins players (2 and 7) came and sat in the row in front of us between games and I have to say they were good guys. They spoke very politely to anyone who asked a question, one even said "lovely to met you" to a local bore when he left - and they applauded good play when it happened on the field. None of the other team players applauded anything.
We were up the top of the main st when the polis chucked a couple in the van - clearly peaked too soon and giving too much lip. Pity, all they managed to do was create paperwork and spoil their evening!
Will be booking for next year as soon as it's possible. Great day of sport - with beer :beerjug:

I was standing outside the townhouse when you took that (I'd followed that arse in white trousers up the hill :augie)

I wouldn't want to put anyone off - from going to the 7s - it was a cracking weekend, and our Friday night dinner in the bar of Burt's - was stunning. But - if you want dinner out on the Saturday night - book early!

Burts (and poss Townhouse) operate a ticket system - whereby if you book dinner, you are issued tickets. It limits the number of people in the bar, and saves people getting past the doorman - "no ticket, no entry". A good system for those who have booked to enjoy a good meal.

and the ubiquitous ...... Doddy Weir. :thumb2

Al

Back
Top Bottom