Vario Pannier Arms

Hexme

Reaction score
Panniers have arrived at home and will hopefully fit tonight.

Has someone got a picture or description of where the pannier arm/supports go?

Would be very helpful!

thanks

K25_46047b.jpg

You need to fiddle about adjusting the screw, ref 1, so that the pannier sits down on the mounts properly.

You need to fiddle about adjusting the screw, ref 1, so that the pannier sits down on the mounts properly.

...and it will be higher that you might think.

sproggy, would you have an specific measurement recommended by that manual?

Cheers,
Rami

sproggy, would you have an specific measurement recommended by that manual?

I just Googled and found that image - no supporting text. But I'll go and measure mine in a minute which'll give you something to go on.

Excuse the slight hijack but your thread reminded me of a question i have. Is there any actual purpose to the slots on the back that i use to bungie things to the back of my bike? or are they just that, points to attach stuff with bungi cords?!

It appears that X=30mm. One of mine is about 29 and the other about 31 so I guess there's a bit of tolerance.

It appears that X=30mm. One of mine is about 29 and the other about 31 so I guess there's a bit of tolerance.

That bit comes later tonight...... I hope :eek:

Excuse the slight hijack but your thread reminded me of a question i have. Is there any actual purpose to the slots on the back that i use to bungie things to the back of my bike? or are they just that, points to attach stuff with bungi cords?!
They're intended to accept the top hanging points of the Vario panniers.

Yes, as Greenman says you'll need to do some fiddling :D You need the screw low enough so that the weight of the pannier is taken on the hanging tabs on the pannier, not on the adjusting screw, but high enough that the lock mechanism will function properly so that the pannier is retained securely. When you've got them just right you'll find the pannier will need a bit of a wobbling around to get it to seat correctly, then will be solid when locked on, even maybe needing a slight downward pressure to engage the lock mechanism.

Yes, as Greenman says you'll need to do some fiddling :D You need the screw low enough so that the weight of the pannier is taken on the hanging tabs on the pannier, not on the adjusting screw, but high enough that the lock mechanism will function properly so that the pannier is retained securely. When you've got them just right you'll find the pannier will need a bit of a wobbling around to get it to seat correctly, then will be solid when locked on, even maybe needing a slight downward pressure to engage the lock mechanism.

Good advice, thanks.

They're intended to accept the top hanging points of the Vario panniers.

I think the query is about the other slots, the thinner ones without the black plastic inserts. I wouldn't put much load on them as they're not very strong, but useful for light bungee loads.

Cheers for checking that out... for me thus far has been putting back and forth/adjusting, etc I guess I need to properly tight them down and maybe even put some lock thread so they don't move once they're setup.

I normally take the panniers out for my daily commute and put them on for the weekend/longer travels.

Boxer engine lads... lots of vibrations going on there, specially with these arms on the frames. I would have no problems if I had the panniers ON all the time, but since I do leave just the bolts out there... a bit of threadlock for the piece of mind :)

Well... because I didn't follow my own advise, I was lazy and I didn't take the freaking bolts out and I was running around without the panniers and sure enough I lost one of those fecking bolts!!!!!!!!

Now, I'll have to land into the dealers hands again and pay the lovely 25 Euros that it costs. :(

Any chance any one has one lying around after selling their vario panniers?!?

Trust me lads, if you go around without the panniers, REMOVE THE BOLTS AND KEEP THEM SAFE.

Cheers,
Rami

Back
Top Bottom