2008 gs vs GSA and general comments 6.4K dealer

niccapotamus

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Ok had a ride on a 2008 GSA with 37K miles on the clock

observations - bloody brilliant - roomy, comfortable, easy two up around town, pillion was happy and no buffeting. i'm 6ft so could touch floor ok

comes with bmw panniers (no back box) traction control, suspension adjustment.

question - clutch biting point was quite a way out - is that normal?

is there anything I should be looking for or avoiding - both in terms of year, mileage or bolt on goodies? Is the GS and the GSA similar except height and that screen and tank?

can't really spend more than 6.5K anyway. got a bike to sell so a p-ex would be handy.

so just after the knowlege - very tempted after the test ride to go straight back and get it but am going to wait at least 12 hours to think!

(pex is an fjr 1300)

ta

nick

BMW dealer? Cause they will give you a good warranty.
Front engine cover rust.
Mileage won't be a problem, better to buy one that's been used.
Clutch lever can be adjusted, mine starts off near and gets further out as the engine gets warmer!
Best all round bike money can buy.

BMW dealer? Cause they will give you a good warranty.
Front engine cover rust.
Mileage won't be a problem, better to buy one that's been used.
Clutch lever can be adjusted, mine starts off near and gets further out as the engine gets warmer!
Best all round bike money can buy.

no not a bmw dealer - fowlers.

anyway decision made - too enjoyable and comfortable a ride not to. tomorrow morning first thing the deed will be done.

I haven't had an extended warranty on my 2008 GSA as I choose to do all maintenance and repairs myself. Luckily the bikes are dead simple and touch wood pretty reliable, plus as they get older it gets cheaper to obtain both new and used spares.

With any GS/GSA always buy based on condition and not miles done, better to get a well cared for and well used example than a low mileage shItter. A test ride is essential, check the rear wheel for play and abs for warning lights, dealer service history is desirable but not a deal breaker providing it has been done by a competent mechanic or owner at the desired intervals.

Enjoy the new bike.

Back
Top Bottom