Limousin

Wapping

Reaction score
The same idea as the Champagne-Ardenne thread and posts, this time for Limousin

250px-Limousin_in_France.svg.png

http://www.limousinamoto.com/en

The link above no longer functions (August 2018) so scroll down through the thread to the end to find links that do.

Richard

Last edited:
Excellent stuff, thanks Richard.

Last time I was in Limousin I stayed over at Torsten and Ro's (of this parish) lovely big Farmhouse and did some off road riding on the excellent trails in the area.

Their details are here: http://ridelimousin.com/

Could be useful as we are staying here http://southboundbandb.co.uk for 6 nights next June! I can compare their information on the 5 routes I have come up with using the Michelin maps.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The owners of Southbound should be your best source of route info in their area, I would think.
The Limousin a moto site uses different start and end points each day so doesn't work well if staying in one place.
But there are plenty of great roads in this area so you should find plenty to keep you busy.

The owners of Southbound should be your best source of route info in their area, I would think.
The Limousin a moto site uses different start and end points each day so doesn't work well if staying in one place.
But there are plenty of great roads in this area so you should find plenty to keep you busy.

I have done 5 routes of between 200-250 miles that should bore the wife enough..........lol

The area looks fantastic by the maps!

We've been doing up a place in the middle of this region for a fair few years now. It really is a hidden gem of an area of biking...road and trail.

I have done 5 routes of between 200-250 miles that should bore the wife enough..........lol

The area looks fantastic by the maps!

If you're headed west of Southbound on any of your routes, pop in for a cup of tea if you think your wife deserves a break :)
I hope you love the area, we do!

If you're headed west of Southbound on any of your routes, pop in for a cup of tea if you think your wife deserves a break :)
I hope you love the area, we do!

Thanks for the invite we have one route to the west most are to the south and east as we had a free day near Oradour 2 years ago and was impressed with the area hence this trip!

You never know, Wapping might throw the PDFs into his Dropbox and give us all the link :augie

The PDF’s are ‘locked’ (there’s a padlock next to the address, at least on an iPad, running Safari) so unless anyone knows a way to unlock it, it’ll have to be screen shots.... unless......

Thanks for posting have most routes for France well underway, will peruse later as some of it fits in with our itinerary for this year. We have had several holidays in and around the Limousin region in the past. A lovely area . :clap

Lets not forget Ridersrest the only B&B recommended by the RiDE mag www.ridersrest.eu

Some great rideouts using them as a base, not just roads to get your pegs down on but some great tracks. There is an old military road that runs the length of France which passes close by too mostly overgrown but still passable if you fancy the adventure...

I wrote some routes to ride from Ridersrest link to the e-book www.whereistonynow.co.uk/DiYToursE-book.pdf you will be able to save the e-book to your tablet or computer once it is loaded in your browser...

Limousin Gite

We have recently moved down here not far from Bellac and about 20 min from Oradour sur glen.
We have a small gite on offer with one double and two single beds .
Check out Gite Villard Darnac air b&b.
Have a garage full of tools and undercover parking if reqd.
Also food if reqd !

Attachments

• 9FD3DBE0-9D5C-4BF7-A382-F17BEF29C503.jpg
    9FD3DBE0-9D5C-4BF7-A382-F17BEF29C503.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 143

Back
Top Bottom