Dubai to Uk via Morocco

Skylion4

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am reading lots about rides from Europe to Morocco, has anyone any experience of travelling from Dubai across Africa to Morocco. Initial plan is to take ferry from Sharjah to Djibouti, then maybe Ethiopia, Kenya, Congo....... then advise needed and works up through Western Sahara and then Morocco.

As you may suspect this is in very early stages of planning so any advice at all would be welcomed.

Many Thanks

SK4

Not done it but i imagine the the dangerous political situation across most of north africa will make it difficult if not impossible.

I am guessing that you would be better getting the ferry from Sharjah over to Iran and riding up through Iran into turkey. there was a recent Ride Report about a guy who rode from the UK to Iran and back. He went via Turkey, but also discussed the alternative routes

Hi All,

I am reading lots about rides from Europe to Morocco, has anyone any experience of travelling from Dubai across Africa to Morocco. Initial plan is to take ferry from Sharjah to Djibouti, then maybe Ethiopia, Kenya, Congo....... then advise needed and works up through Western Sahara and then Morocco.

As you may suspect this is in very early stages of planning so any advice at all would be welcomed.

Many Thanks

SK4

If I was going to go it that would be my route (never done it) but just being aware of the geo-political situation in Africa it would make sense to keep away from the North and central regions and get to the West coast as soon as possible i.e. Congo to Gabon then work your way up on the coast. Then all you got to worry about is Nigeria (Boko Haram - based in North East of country and CHAD/Niger) and of course Western Sahara - contested by Morocco and Mauritania - they don't like foreigners trekkin' all over the place:)

Been to Morocco lots though:thumb2

Gsta

Back
Top Bottom