Navigator VI

DavidB

Reaction score
Just seen MCN pix from the Milan bike show. The updated GS instruments have what looks to be a Nav VI mounted. Anyone know any more about that?

Attachments

• Nav VI.jpg
    Nav VI.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 4,332
I've had a google around for it, can't see much info. That looks like a capacitive touch screen though, so could be a bit awkward to use with gloves on. That is unless there is going to be some electricary at work as things like Sony Mobiles have a "Glove" mode for use.

BMW Navigator VI

There are a few posts on some European forums talking about whether there is a new Navigator model coming out. Anyone know about this?

Seen at the EICMA show and at the Bennets site:

Attachments

• 740_P90235518-highRes.jpg
    740_P90235518-highRes.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 2,005
BMW dealers are going on a trip in Feb to see some new things. One of which being the new Nav. Dealer told me it should be on sale around March.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My local dealer confirmed this also, new units to start shipping late March. As for features, he mentioned:

- Improved screen with much less glare and better visibility in sunlight. Said the screen is up to par with iPhone's Retina screen.

- Newest interface and features from top end Garmin units - Spotify streaming, live weather and traffic via smartphone link.

- Ability to wirelessly control Go Pro cameras right from the wheel button on the handlebar for supported models (GS, etc.)

Will fit in standard cradle on all 1200GS and GSA models 2013 onwards.

My local dealer confirmed this also, new units to start shipping late March. As for features, he mentioned:

- Improved screen with much less glare and better visibility in sunlight. Said the screen is up to par with iPhone's Retina screen.

- Newest interface and features from top end Garmin units - Spotify streaming, live weather and traffic via smartphone link.

- Ability to wirelessly control Go Pro cameras right from the wheel button on the handlebar for supported models (GS, etc.)

Any idea of price?
Cheers for the information.

Any idea of price?
Cheers for the information.

I will find out and get back about the price. My guess is around 700€.

If it does GoPro I'd be very surprised. It will do the Gurmin virb though, much like the zumo 595 I have which is almost half the price :blast

I've had a google around for it, can't see much info. That looks like a capacitive touch screen though, so could be a bit awkward to use with gloves on. That is unless there is going to be some electricary at work as things like Sony Mobiles have a "Glove" mode for use.

Rukka Virium gloves are touch screen compatible, as they have a spetial fabric in the tips of thumb, index and middle fingers.

Hope the dealer is right! The current Nav has weather and traffic but I think the newer Garmin's display the alerts a bit better

Hope the dealer is right! The current Nav has weather and traffic but I think the newer Garmin's display the alerts a bit better

Eh? Does the Nav V have weather and traffic? Never seen that on mine - how do I make that work then?

Eh? Does the Nav V have weather and traffic? Never seen that on mine - how do I make that work then?

Yep sure does and you need to download the Garmin smartlink app on your phone. Traffic and weather are free here in Australia but you have to pay for speed camera alerts.

Yep sure does and you need to download the Garmin smartlink app on your phone. Traffic and weather are free here in Australia but you have to pay for speed camera alerts.

Ah, and can I have my phone paired with my headset for music etc at the same time as pairing it t the GPS?

This feature looks very good:

New feature: music streaming via smartphone
• Enables you to listen to music saved on a smartphone via the Navigator VI
• Music playback via smartphone is started and stopped via Navigator VI
• Playback of tracks with Android smartphones in the sequence on the smartphone, with iOS playback of smartphone playlists is also possible

Yes and thats how I have mine although I use my Nav V for music

:beerjug:
thanks - something to have a play with tonight. Just downloaded the app to my phone. As I've worked in this office for 10 years now, I didn't bring my GPS with me today - I do like to live on the edge....

Back
Top Bottom