Honda Varadero 125

Big Jets

Reaction score
I recently purchased a honda varadero 125 for my son ,anyway someone has fitted a set of renthals to the bike and does not have bar end weights like the original bars had ,what do you think ride and dont spare it another thought or are the weights critical for a bike of this size and power.:nenau

Your post reads as if it's not been ridden pending an internet forum decision on the lack of bar weights.
Handle bar weights are bugger all to do with the size or power of a bike.
They are there to neutralize any effects of vibration,principally blurring of the mirrors, but also sometimes to counter any 'white finger' effects through the grips.
As above,just ride the thing and find out.

By the way,the aftermarket anodised bar ends are just that....end pieces which may looking pretty but do sod all to counter vibration as they're normally just a piece of alloy with no weight to them.
Compare aftermarket ones to genuine and feel the difference.

You can achieve better results by glueing a lump of lead inside the bars,ideally different weights in each side.....transformed my mate's Lambretta chopper!

Your post reads as if it's not been ridden pending an internet forum decision on the lack of bar weights.
Handle bar weights are bugger all to do with the size or power of a bike.
They are there to neutralize any effects of vibration,principally blurring of the mirrors, but also sometimes to counter any 'white finger' effects through the grips.
As above,just ride the thing and find out.

By the way,the aftermarket anodised bar ends are just that....end pieces which may looking pretty but do sod all to counter vibration as they're normally just a piece of alloy with no weight to them.
Compare aftermarket ones to genuine and feel the difference.

You can achieve better results by glueing a lump of lead inside the bars,ideally different weights in each side.....transformed my mate's Lambretta chopper!

Thanks Tarka thats what I wanted to hear ,I know its a bit of a simple question but some gurus on the Babyvara site recommend not riding without as a safety issue if I had not seen that I would not be asking the Question:beerjug:

Thanks Tarka thats what I wanted to hear ,I know its a bit of a simple question but some gurus on the Babyvara site recommend not riding without as a safety issue if I had not seen that I would not be asking the Question:beerjug:

I don't doubt what you are saying about the 'advice' from that forum, but I just find it gob smacking that anyone would recommend not riding a small motorbike because it didn't have the bar end weights fitted.

'A safety issue' !!!???.....When I think of some of the bikes me and my mates have ridden........How on earth did we ever survive ???......:confused:

I don't doubt what you are saying about the 'advice' from that forum, but I just find it gob smacking that anyone would recommend not riding a small motorbike because it didn't have the bar end weights fitted.

Perhaps they thought it might cause a tank slapper?

I recently purchased a honda varadero 125 for my son ,anyway someone has fitted a set of renthals to the bike and does not have bar end weights like the original bars had ,what do you think ride and dont spare it another thought or are the weights critical for a bike of this size and power.:nenau

Bar end weights were never critical. I'd say 90% were cosmetic. I never remember them been used for anything other as vibration dampers. Oh yes they can in certain suitations save some damage in a off. JJH

There is no such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer.

For a moderate recompence I can offer to provide counselling for the possible implications of riding without bar end weights.

A know it was a stupid fuckin question but when its your kids first road bike yer arse is twitchin a little:(

A know it was a stupid fuckin question but when its your kids first road bike yer arse is twitchin a little:(
and understandably so. ;)
... i bet you've been over it - checking every little fixture and fitting - checking them... just to be sure ... to be sure... to be sure. :augie

In fairness, most of the inhabitants of the baby Varadero forums will be new bikers and therefore spout a fair bit of bollocks, maybe even as much as us lot :D

Great bikes by the way. I had one myself for a short while a couple of years back when I was trying to encourage my lad to get into bikes.

In fairness, most of the inhabitants of the baby Varadero forums will be new bikers and therefore spout a fair bit of bollocks, maybe even as much as us lot :D

Now that's bullocks. We have the biggest collection of talkers of bollocks ever gathered together on one forum no one could beat us. JJH

Yip and the shopping list has started ,Exhaust system, High screen crash bars ,heated grips ....... BbbbbBAR Fookin End Wieghts .

Too right and if you don't know the right answer yourself for any reason, you did right to ask... despite the 'know all' replies here :thumb

Anyway, now you know :beerjug:

Great bikes by the way. I had one myself for a short while a couple of years back when I was trying to encourage my lad to get into bikes.

Same as Mark, had one while transitioning in my head to 1200+ cc Enjoy

Back
Top Bottom