New owner for the original BMW LC

solidstate100

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Soo....just bought an F650 Funduro 2000 model year, twin spark, twin carb model. 41000 miles, ok condition for the year, £750 quid, which I reckon is a pretty good price. I guess I will spending a bit more time in here......:D

Now, as an airherd owner, I dont know a great deal about these old fangled watercooled bikes but this one defo needs a new battery (easy enough) and the rubber intake manifold between carbs/head - what sort of job is this (am an ex mechanic so would like to think that I can destroy things professionaly) is it a tricky one or simple as?

Any thing else I need to look for (worryingly a new rectifier came with it, not fitted)?

:beerjug:

And just because I can, here is a picture of the bike, posted to keep this thread rolling along........

Attachments

• bmw-f650.jpg
    bmw-f650.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 270
You'll likely get a better response over at f650.co.uk. A few funduro owners over there.

Make sure the rear suspension linkages have been stripped and greased. If they have then do it again and if they haven't, do it anyway - hoping that the bearings don't just crumble in your hands. DAMHIK. I've noticed there's a Funduro group on Facebook recently - no idea if it's any good.

Make sure the rear suspension linkages have been stripped and greased. If they have then do it again and if they haven't, do it anyway - hoping that the bearings don't just crumble in your hands. DAMHIK. I've noticed there's a Funduro group on Facebook recently - no idea if it's any good.

Thanks Uncle dick - is it a tricky job?

Not really much help on the questions asked, but these are cracking bikes. I've had a few, one of which was my first proper bike. Took it from the NE of England to Austria and back over two weeks (including 5 days in Austria). Never missed a beat.
Have fun with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You might have a bit of spannering to do but that's £750 quids worth all day long. Enjoy. :thumby:

You might have a bit of spannering to do but that's £750 quids worth all day long. Enjoy. :thumby:

Cheers!

Put a new inlet manifiold on it a couple of days ago (easy enough), dam thing now pulls like a train (handles surprisingly well to), going to do a service, couple of crispy electrical connectors need replacing, chain and sprockets are already new as are the fork seals and oil, Im gonna ACF 50 it, then leave it alone and ride it thru winter (which is why I bought it).

Well happy with that!

Back
Top Bottom