Anyone fancy off road, Morocco April 2017 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
New rebuilt engine in mark, I done the work on this one so I no all good, I'll speak to her tonight and find out what she wants to do, if she goes I'll not be tagging alone with you m8 as her off road skills is worse than mine,,,lol

New rebuilt engine in mark, I done the work on this one so I no all good, I'll speak to her tonight and find out what she wants to do, if she goes I'll not be tagging alone with you m8 as her off road skills is worse than mine,,,lol

That's all good mate. At least we'll have a beer before & after (I mean with the gaffer not you)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deleted

Last edited:
I've just bought a Husky 701 as a base bike, I'm now looking at various rally / adventure kits for the 701.
The one in the photo is made is South Africa

Hmm.. interesting. Are the ktm690 add on's compatible or do you have to wait for 701 specific kit? Have you seen the nomad kit and if so did you rate it ?

I've just bought a Husky 701 as a base bike, I'm now looking at various rally / adventure kits for the 701.
The one in the photo is made is South Africa
The Nomad rally / adventure kit will not be ready for a few weeks.
www.701RR.com also have a very nice kit but the lead time is two months
MST in Italy are also working on a kit
Although the 701 is very similar to the 690 the Rally Raid kit for the 690 will not fit the 701

The 701 is a Very nice bike, i will be very interested to have a look at it before it's beat up,,,,lol,,,,
I spoke to mark about one before he bought his 690,

The Nomad rally / adventure kit will not be ready for a few weeks.
www.701RR.com also have a very nice kit but the lead time is two months
MST in Italy are also working on a kit
Although the 701 is very similar to the 690 the Rally Raid kit for the 690 will not fit the 701

Expensive add-on's. Thanks for the info.

Hello everyone, we have 6 riders for this trip so far, ideally we could do with a few more to pull the overall price down (max number will be 10). I will keep it open until Feb 2017, I will also require a deposit from all who have committed for the trip, this I would like after Christmas.

So it you fancy an off road trip to Morocco or simply what your bike transporting then come and join us :hogroast:hapybnce:

Me
Paul R (not on here)
Dave D
Graham B
W900BMW (Doing own thing)
Joe Narvey (Doing own thing)

Hello everyone, we have 6 riders for this trip so far, ideally we could do with a few more to pull the overall price down (max number will be 10). I will keep it open until Feb 2017, I will also require a deposit from all who have committed for the trip, this I would like after Christmas.

So it you fancy an off road trip to Morocco or simply what your bike transporting then come and join us :hogroast:hapybnce:

Me
Paul R (not on here)
Dave D
Graham B
W900BMW (Doing own thing)
Joe Narvey (Doing own thing)
Hi Mark
What size van are using to transport bike to southern Spain ?

Mark
Just so you know on a LWB Luton like my van you can only get 6 adventure bikes any more that this and you will be over weight if you get stopped in Spain big fine and they will not let you move the van until you have taken bikes of to get it to legal weight.
If you go for a 7.5 ton truck you need a restricted operators license and a digital card in your name for the Tachometer also Brittany Ferries will charge you commercial freight rates this is about £200 per meter one way average lenth of a 7.5 ton truck is 12 to 13 meters so your ferry cost will be about £4500 for a return crossing plus extra fuel you will get about 12 miles to the gallon.
When I was running trucks to Spain and Italy I booked the ferry crossing trough Harbur Shipping in Dover they get better rates.
Or you could get a rate to transport bikes from Murry Harper Transport in Estapona you need to speak to Mathew he is running trucks UK - Spain - UK every week if nothing else he will tell you about getting stopped for being over weight in Spain.
Hope this helps
Mark

Mark
Just so you know on a LWB Luton like my van you can only get 6 adventure bikes any more that this and you will be over weight if you get stopped in Spain big fine and they will not let you move the van until you have taken bikes of to get it to legal weight.
If you go for a 7.5 ton truck you need a restricted operators license and a digital card in your name for the Tachometer also Brittany Ferries will charge you commercial freight rates this is about £200 per meter one way average lenth of a 7.5 ton truck is 12 to 13 meters so your ferry cost will be about £4500 for a return crossing plus extra fuel you will get about 12 miles to the gallon.
When I was running trucks to Spain and Italy I booked the ferry crossing trough Harbur Shipping in Dover they get better rates.
Or you could get a rate to transport bikes from Murry Harper Transport in Estapona you need to speak to Mathew he is running trucks UK - Spain - UK every week if nothing else he will tell you about getting stopped for being over weight in Spain.
Hope this helps
Mark

Cheers for that you got me thinking, so I rang DVSA here is what they said (3 departments and an hour later) Running a 7.5 ton lorry for personal use only:

1. Operators Licence. Not needed for private use as long as there is no gain or reward.
2. Tachometer. Not needed in the UK for private use as long as there is no gain or reward. However if the vehicle has one fitted it has to be used in Europe. Digital Tachometers fitted to every commercial Vehicle from 2006.

Other points:
Ferry crossing is £1,900 each way plus cabin, Tunnel is £400 Rtn.
MPG I plan on 10 to 17.
There are weekend driving restrictions in Europe for commercial vehicles, so I checked that out also and it's for over 7.5 tons.

That's why I will only take a 7.5 ton if I get enough bikes and I can keep the joint cost to or below £750.00

Cheers
Mark

I've got a villa booked in BniTigijte that will chill us all out. Bed breakfast evening meal. Hope fully they'll do a BBQ in the desert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom