Anyone fancy off road, Morocco April 2017 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ButtonMoon

Reaction score
Tim G & Mark H aren’t running a Morocco trip next year. However I’d like to do some trail riding again in Morocco, so I’ve asked around and I have 3 others plus me. Ideally I’d like to get 6 bikes, either in one van or if more people want to come two vans. So there’s currently 2 spaces left.

What's the deal ?

This is not an organised or guided trip this is me taking a van and bikes to Spain getting us to Morocco, once there you can do as you please, I will be following routes from this year and 2015 plus some from Morocco Overland by Chris Scott you are more than welcome to join. There will be 10 days of riding in Morocco.

You’ll have to get your bike to Essex (CM3), I may be able to pick a couple of bikes up if you’re are in the North or get your bike Sunderland (SR6) but will let you know, depending on time.

What is the Cost of getting your bike there?

Costs will be split equally between all of us including me, no one makes a profit, the estimated cost is £750 each, and anything left will be split and returned to each rider. I will give you a full breakdown of the costs when we return. Obviously the more riders we get the cheaper it becomes.
This gets your bike transported to Spain (and back) and includes two nights stay in Algeciras, one night when you get there and one night when we return.
You will have to pay your flight into Gibraltar prices are currently £155 return depending upon where you fly from. Then it’s a short taxi/bus ride to our Hotel.
When you are in Morocco you’ll pay for your own food and accommodation, we’ll use hotels and not camp as the hotels and food are so cheap, we will be sharing two to a room.

Who is it for?

Anyone really, like I said this is not a guided tour, you’ll need a map (and the ability to read it) and preferably a Sat Nav, that way you can decide if something is too hard or too tame you can do your own thing.

What bikes?

Well this is all down to space, I can’t take large bikes like a GSA so I’d say anything up to and including a 600cc, you’ll need panniers which should be packed but removed from the bike so that we save on space, boots, helmets, body armour, locks etc.. Will all go in the van, you’ll need to supply your own ratchet straps , min of two but three would be better. Once your bike comes to my factory in Essex, it will be secured in one of our units all safe and sound.

How cool...one day il have the right bike and the bolloxs to go on something like this..

Would love to mate but I believe that the missus has other plans for me this year - :rolleyes:

Count me in.

You sure about the 600cc max?

Just out of interest what bikes do you guys use for trips like this....

This year the biggest bike was Tim's 640ADV and the smallest was a 250 Yam, in between a bunch of 690's, an X Challange, KTM 500's a 525 and running at the back :D a CCM 450ADV

I never felt underbiked with my KTM500 and on the odd tricky bit I was pleased I was not on an expensive and heavier 690 - Going cheap you could get a KTM 525 I saw a nice one with large tanks and a rally fairing the other day for £2200

This year the biggest bike was Tim's 640ADV and the smallest was a 250 Yam, in between a bunch of 690's, an X Challange, KTM 500's a 525 and running at the back :D a CCM 450ADV

I never felt underbiked with my KTM500 and on the odd tricky bit I was pleased I was not on an expensive and heavier 690 - Going cheap you could get a KTM 525 I saw a nice one with large tanks and a rally fairing the other day for £2200

I've no experience of KTM yet, but happy to buy a bike to try it. I've been discussing with buttonmoon the spec of his 690 for the essentials to buy/ modify. Am I missing something if the biggest was 640 the smallest was 250 and some on 690 ( i.e. Isn't that a bigger number than 640?)

Don't mind buying a bike for the trip but want to ensure it's right spec, fits in the van, can keep up and carry my weight !

Keep up, I think you can have the fastest and all the kit on it but if you can't ride it doesn't really mater if u are on a 50cc,
Take a map and a compass so if it's to much u can do your own thing, like me,,,or me and you can be at the back

The 690s had no issues on the last trip, it only gets heavy if you have to pick it up, and as there's no photographic evidence that I dropped mine then it never happened - :D

The 690s had no issues on the last trip, it only gets heavy if you have to pick it up, and as there's no photographic evidence that I dropped mine then it never happened - :D

I have plenty of practice picking up my fully loaded GSA. I think Mark is running a van so that's probably also the criteria for bike size/ weight.

...yup it never happened the splat followed by silience from the bike behind me could not be explained, the video just seemed to skip a bit :D

Help! Am I buying a 500, a 640 or a 690 ?!

And does that cloaking device referred to above come on a 500 and 640?

I have plenty of practice picking up my fully loaded GSA. I think Mark is running a van so that's probably also the criteria for bike size/ weight.

If you are going to ride the route we did over the last 3 years in Morocco you will note cope on a GSA off road.

Keep up, I think you can have the fastest and all the kit on it but if you can't ride it doesn't really mater if u are on a 50cc,
Take a map and a compass so if it's to much u can do your own thing, like me,,,or me and you can be at the back

Very true!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom