specs wearers....misting solutions...

aeronut7

Reaction score
I ride all year round and i recently bought a new lid...
flip front with pinlock...that works great to stop visor misting but my bloody specs mist up...
ive used stuff on my specs and that works for about 10 mins in the rain...
I don't like full face lids so cant try those foggy masks.they don't fit apparently...
ive had this issue all my biking life and surely theres something out there for us specs wearers...
i do open the visor one click just to help but in the pouring rain they still mist up or specs end up getting rain on them...
is there a mask available that maybe doesn't attach to the lid or one made for flip fronts....
cheers all....

I use contacts - but recently my prescription has improved so now only wear the lenses or glasses at night or in poor light.
Funny things eyes - never realised my eyesight would improve as I got older.:thumb2

I use full face helmets and I find if I pull glasses forward on my nose until I am ready to get on and ride away it makes it less likely they will steam up, I normally have visor open 1 click most of the time and I don`t have an issue when I am moving or stopped at junctions etc, the nose masks are a pain anyway as my nose always itches if I try to use one. Have you tried using a thin tube "thingy" pulled up over your nose? just remember to pull it down before you pay for your petrol:blast

Al,

Definitely contacts are a winner. But the helmet will also have an effect. I have found that my HJC IS17 is much better in cold conditions than my C3 Pro, so I use my HJC at this time of year and it copes fine with the glasses except when stationary. Screen height also has an affect. If you are sat behind a big screen that will restrict air into the vents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use contacts - but recently my prescription has improved so now only wear the lenses or glasses at night or in poor light.
Funny things eyes - never realised my eyesight would improve as I got older.:thumb2

Same as me. If you're short sighted, then as you get older, you naturally tend to get a bit long sighted, and they cancel out.

I wear glasses and ride year round and generally I don't have this problem, except when the glasses actually get wet, which did happen when I had a Shoei Neotec, but not with the Schuberth E1. I didn't have the problem with several Arai full face helmets either, all of which had pinlock inserts.

I dont disbelieve you so there must be some differences between what we are both doing.

What make/model of helmet are you wearing ?

Are the vents open/closed ?

Do you have the visor open a crack ?

Hjc flip
Vents open
And visor open one click
It's OK in light rain but if it's heavy my glasses steam up very quickly
In the end have to open the visor more then specs get wet
I did wear contacts years ago so might give them
A go again
Maybe just for riding

This will sound bizzare but I wear dust masks. My lid is a shark evoline 3 which I ride with the jawbone up. The mask does two things. It's stops you breathing in all the participate shite that's spat out of exhausts and up off the road and seals around your nose and eyes. You can then put your glasses over the mask. Works well if you get it right. To be a bit more inconspicuous I wear a bike scarf or something over the top.

My visor mists up if I wear a buff over my nose, possibly the glasses as well but since I noticed it i stopped wearing the buff so high.

Ride very very fast, heat generated by molecules impact upon lenses will cause glasses to cease misting up.

If you wanted to be really frightened, talk to RNiB about long term implications on laser surgery.

Back
Top Bottom