specs wearers....misting solutions...

Tried the washing up liquid last night in 1.5° with the frost warning on the bike and worked amazingly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anti Mist For Specs

Bit late commenting on this thread.

But, what you are looking for is NOT a hydrophobic coating but hydrophilic coating. Hydrophilic terminology is dissolves in water. However, this type of coating attracts water and spreads it across the entire surface area. In layman's terms - Stops misting. i.e. A mirror in the bathroom that does not mist when having a shower.

I worked on a solution for this problem, my son wears glasses, for nearly two years. There is no permanent solution, atmospherics, pressure and a host of other things effect the misting effect. However, a non permanent cure is, potato juice or a product that contains Titanium Dioxide (TiO2).

Potato juice - rub raw potato on the lens both sides. Allow to dry then lightly buff off. good for a few days.

TiO2 - Some toothpastes or better Sun Screen. In both instances, use the same as the potato method.

The secret in both is allow to dry before lightly buffing to clear vision.

Bob Heath.

Clean both specs lenses (front & back) with warm water and a tiny drop of washing up liquid (or a wet wipe if feeling lazy). Dry well with fresh kitchen roll. Spray front & back with Bob Heath. Buff off with fresh kitchen roll. Can last for up to a week.

Fogtech DX for me. A bit pricey initially, but my bottle is still going strong after two years. Absolutely no fogging if you apply it to clean lenses and as directed.

I always use Washing Up Liquid. Came from world war 2 fighter pilots using it on goggles.

I used to have this problem loads with my Caberg Justissimo, I've got a Duke now & it's only an issue when I'm actually at a stop with this helmet - the rest of the time, as long as I'm moving, my glasses stay clear. I've tried all sorts of potions on the glasses, but by the time you've looked through the glasses, the gunk on the glasses, the pinlock, the visor & any crap on the visor there is so much reflection & distortion (in the dark at least) that I'd rather just crank the visor open a notch more.

The problem is also a lot less on the F650 than it was on my Pan - there's actually air movement in my face on the 650, the Pan was like riding with a force-field in front of me....

D

Back
Top Bottom