No Pan at the NEC bike show

team duvet

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Went to the NEC yesterday and for the first time since 1990 no Pan on the big H stand.

Great bike and a true legend :rob

Just shows after these years how Honda got it so correct the first time, only one major update.

Wonder when the replacements due?

TD

Ps,

Disappointed the K16 bagged was not there on "our" stand

Shame, had a few pans both 1100 and 1300 and i think the ST1100 is probably one of the best bikes every built imho....

Honda lost their way a while back IMHO, both bikes & cars. Some say it was the Sunami, but I reckon they lost touch with their public several years before that. This is what you get if you let Accountants take charge of the Asylum in a period of homeland deflation. Now, with the AT & Blade, they seem to be adapting at last.

The simple fact is that these big tourers sell in relatively small numbers, often/usually to repeat customers, so the 'suits' don't reckon on there being much interest for the Public at a Bike Show, or even in your dealers showroom. So the focus is on new models & the low cost high volume stuff. Both the Pan & the Wing need radical updates &, whilst the K1600GT/GTL may no be everyones cup of tea (mine was unreliable) it has brought a superior, more sporty dynamic to the table. Looking forward, I suspect we shall be seeing smaller, lighter big tourers, so the oldies can keep buying for a few more years (rather than downsizing), possibly including Hybrid tech/auto box. Trouble is the pricepoint needs to be kept in check, difficult at low output volumes. Without the US market, now becoming more diverse, who would bother to make niche machines just for us Europeans?

I was ar the NEC bike show in 2015 and I don't think the big H had a Pan on show then. I didn't see it anyway, and I do remember having a look for it. Love GS's and Pans.

It's probably no euro compliant just like the cbr600rr that Honda have dropped.

I was ar the NEC bike show in 2015 and I don't think the big H had a Pan on show then. I didn't see it anyway, and I do remember having a look for it. Love GS's and Pans.

They had it there last year, pity it's not there this year, I've had a couple in the past they were brilliant for higher speed long distance touring and really easy for filtering, the panniers were so low they caught nothing and it's considerably thinner across the back than front so if the mirrors went through so did everything else and the mirrors themselves thinner (width wise) than the GS.
Only downside for me was the massive weight, pushing it backwards out of the garage (up a tiny step) was a fucking nightmare, I dropped it once sat at a junction and couldn't lift it...no problem lifting a GS!

It was there, next to a pair of civic cars....wtf that was about I never worked out. It seemed like they were only interested in the wee 500's and the AT at last years show.
It's probably no euro compliant just like the cbr600rr that Honda have dropped.
Afaik the Pan has indeed been dropped with all current stock registered by 31/12, along with the vfr12 as well.
Can't see the vfr being replaced, but I seriously hope they get a new Pan out soon.

Just looked and all three are still listed on the Honda website, so this is either all incorrect, or H are being as lazy with their website as they are designing new models.

It's now back on the Honda UK website - it was definitely missing for a while there. Pearl Cosmic Black looks cool.

Was in the dealers yesterday, they confirm it's still with us .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There has been a rumour of a VFR1200T for what seems years now.... wish big H would get their finger out.

Back
Top Bottom