Bike Valeting

Bob

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good bike valeting / winter treatment (ACF50) service offered in the SW?
Bob

There is a chap in wells I used a few years ago from all weather biker website, I do it myself now so have not reused

Thanks for the comment, he does not appear to be listed on the web site now and I would expect Wells would be too far.There is one in Penzance but the phone appears to be switched off, I left a message last week but not heard anything back.

I started doing it myself as had some issues (shall we say).

For the cost of x2 treatments you can get setup with suitable cleaning materials, a compresssor (greta for other jobs too) and now I give the GS 2-3 treatments a year along with other bikes as well.

Drop me a pm if you wish to have a go and happy to explain.

I just whip the seat and tank off, use a pump spray and a brush and Bob's your Uncle. I get my ACF from Transair Flight Equipment in a 4l container - they also do a 20l - which is great value compared to a spray can. I've found that the neat stuff is also a lot thicker consistency and covers/stays on the bike better. It does run though, and you need to wipe it off those areas where you don't want a bit of slippage.;)
On the subject of valeting, there was a nice blonde chick touting for business at Weston Bike Night a while back and she's mobile, but I didn't get her number as I do my own.

Try all year biker x2 http://allyearbiker.co.uk/ . I use them every year two treatments available and a top job done. Looking on the web site the closest agent to you is in Marlborough but they are all mobile so if you have a couple of bikes to clean or mates with bikes i'm sure he will travel.

I just whip the seat and tank off, use a pump spray and a brush and Bob's your Uncle. I get my ACF from Transair Flight Equipment in a 4l container - they also do a 20l - which is great value compared to a spray can. I've found that the neat stuff is also a lot thicker consistency and covers/stays on the bike better. It does run though, and you need to wipe it off those areas where you don't want a bit of slippage.;)
On the subject of valeting, there was a nice blonde chick touting for business at Weston Bike Night a while back and she's mobile, but I didn't get her number as I do my own.

Just as well I was on hand to take her business card! I'll keep her mobile number off here but its probably on her Facebook page 'CC Motorcycle Clean' - card says 'mobile valeting service suitable for all motorcycles, includes full bike clean and ACF-50 Anti Corrosion treatment'. She's based in Bristol (Old Sodbury) and I think she said the cost was about £85 but I was in a daze at that point :rolleyes:

Bazzer

Hi All,
Thanks for the replies, The Wells "All year Biker" guy has sadly passed away, with no competition in the area I am amazed that Ocean do not offer such a service. I have bought some cleaning stuff and a can of ACF so will set to this weekend!

Back
Top Bottom