Advice Please - Pyrenees Route OK for May??

Thanks guys - Hotel Avenida booked for the night.

Myself and a couple of others will be doing about the same route at the same time! Perhaps we could all meet for a :beer: somewhere

Currently enjoying the great route that I put together with the help of ride magazine, the Spanish Biker and others! And it's brilliant. Such a fantastic country, amazing views and roads that were made for bikes. And it seems that cars are band from them most of the day, they are so empty!

Currently in Ripoll, heading to France (Arreau) Tuesday. Will try to share more info on our return.

If you haven't been, get booking.

Currently in Ripoll, heading to France (Arreau) Tuesday. Will try to share more info on our return.

If you haven't been, get booking.

Glad to hear that you're having a great time - the roads should get less busy as you head west! I guess you'll be going over the Port de la Bonaigua into the Val d'Aran - the cafe in the stone built refuge is nice and a good place to wander around a take a few photos.

Much further west, don't miss this little gem!

screen-shot-2016-09-23-at-10-16-00-am.png

Here's wat that road looks like from the saddle:

navarre.jpg

Sadly i left the Pyrenees yesterday, heading south to scout new trails for the Horizons Unlimited HUMM Sierras de España in October, so you can't drop by and fill me with beer :beerjug:but I'm happy as the region - southern Teruel province and into the wild west of Valencia - has even better roads and even fewer cars!

hbridege.jpg

So get booking for your retune visit! :)

Regs

Simon

The part of your route i refered to is a cracking bit of road and i would not alter it, by mentioning it i was trying to give you a heads up on how it may take a little longer or a lot longer than you imagine, i was not trying to put you off doing it in any way, only you and the people you are traveling with will know what mileage/time you wish to spend on the bike, or where you need to be and at what time.
There are are parts of your route that many would suggest alternatives to, but the bottom line is its your trip so go where you want to go and see what you want to see, and most of all keep an open mind and be ready to deal with any changes you may have to make. Nothing is written in stone and there will be plenty of places to stop at if you do have to alter your plan, just poll up somewhere and you will find a place to stay, or alternativley as many do, use booking.com or similar for your next stop.

I concur :)

:)

Back
Top Bottom