Changing from Schuberth to Packtalk

batman1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have had the Schuberth SRC for a couple of years but get fed up with it 'dropping out' every now and then.

I'm thinking of going for the Packtalk Duo

Can anyone offer any comments, will the Packtalk be an upgrade compared to my current SRC?

Cheers

I have no experience of Packtalk ( I moved to industry standard SENA)
But I would comment that the SRC is shit in most respects and you are not alone in being miffed with it !

Think the big benefit with both packtalk and Sena 20s is they both have universal pairing, ie they can be paired up with intercoms from other manufacturers

I have a packtalk and it has so for been fantastic. I left a message on the home phone yesterday whilst on the motorway and you would never know I was doing 80, absolutely crystal clear. Battery lasted all day just listening to music and with plug in earbuds (rather than the standard speakers) the sound is very good. Standard speakers are ok but not so good if you wear earplugs with them.

I'm sure a sena 20s would be just as good.

I have a Packtalk and it's great, love the ability to set it with my iPhone and make changes to its pairing all via the iPhone

I'm also thinking of upgrading from my Schuberth SRC intercom to the Paktalk.

The problem I have with my SRC is, if I have my intercom with the voice on for directions, when the intercom speaks it cuts out my pillion's audio, and it's a while until her intercom reconnects.
This is okay but there are times when I don't hear the Sat-nav clearly and I cannot ask my pillion 'what did the nav say' cos she's been disconnected.
Does anyone know if the Paktalk can allow both the rider and the pillion to listen to the nav commands simultaneously?

or

Does anyone know if my SRC can be set up to do the same, i.e. To allow both rider and pillion to hear the nav instructions simultaneously?

I had a 20s but it kept letting me down in the rain. To quote Sena support "The 20S is designed to be water resistant for use in inclement weather". The key word is that it is "resistant" rather than "proof". This was back in 2015 so it may have improved and it appears that some people have problems and some don't which could be down to different batches or different riding positions.

More info here:

https://support.sena.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/216718526-Is-the-20s-waterproof-
https://support.sena.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/216719386-Not-rain-proof-

I'm now using a Scala G9X and I'm happy with it but me and friends have had little success using the intercom over Bluetooth and if I was going to buy a new headset tomorrow I'd buy the much cheaper Qz, Bluetooth it to my Nav V and forget about intercoms.

Garan.

Back
Top Bottom