Motorcycle angling trips?

Anyone up for a bash at the Grayling in the Peak District, or top end of the Welsh Dee (not so affected by flood water).

Look at the colours on that fin.

They are great pictures KR. Never done any fly fishing, we always used to trott the rivers and streams. The tackle has not been out of the garage for years, but looking at your photos, is starting a stiring again.

Late notice I know, but on Thursday the weather is looking fabulous for another day at the ladies. I am heading for the River Dove, I can provide a guest ticket if anyone would like to join me. I can show you some back lanes in the Peaks too, not off orad lanes, tarmac ones, might be remains of tarmac now! A good ford too.

First come first served, I can only take one guest at a time. I would suggest either ASHBOURNE or TISSINGTON as suitable meeting places. Anyone interested I will give you my mobile number. I shall be on the little yellow bike again. :beerjug:

How did you get on KR? I'm having a few hours on the Itchen on Saturday as it looks good weather.

:thumb

How did you get on KR? I'm having a few hours on the Itchen on Saturday as it looks good weather.

:thumb

It was cold and windy. I got a dozen, on the Wolfecotesdale stretch of the Dove. Nothing over about 14", so not as big as the lower Dove, but a nice day just the same - it was slippery riding up there with the frost on the ground though, the roads hadn't been treated!

Some great pictures here.

So....I have had a crap year in 2016 starting with an off leading to a fractured clavicle and busted bike. Then lots more serious health issues later in the year which I'm just recovering from now. One of the things that has helped has been my discovery of fly fishing which I am very much a newbie at, but enjoying greatly.

I'm in the SW, not too far from the big reservoirs of Chew/Blagdon or a bit further to Farmoor, and the rivers of the Wye/Usk, Avon, Kennet etc are in easy reach.

Also have family in North Wales so the Dee wouldn't be impossible by any stretch.

I'd be happy to meet up with others, though I might be traveling on four wheels for a short while yet.....

Just as an aside, the guys at Barbless Flies (good outfit to deal with) have started a house mag, one of the features is about combining fishing and bikes....#2wheels1rod or something similar.

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk

Some great pictures here.

So....I have had a crap year in 2016 starting with an off leading to a fractured clavicle and busted bike. Then lots more serious health issues later in the year which I'm just recovering from now. One of the things that has helped has been my discovery of fly fishing which I am very much a newbie at, but enjoying greatly.

I'm in the SW, not too far from the big reservoirs of Chew/Blagdon or a bit further to Farmoor, and the rivers of the Wye/Usk, Avon, Kennet etc are in easy reach.

Also have family in North Wales so the Dee wouldn't be impossible by any stretch.

I'd be happy to meet up with others, though I might be traveling on four wheels for a short while yet.....

Just as an aside, the guys at Barbless Flies (good outfit to deal with) have started a house mag, one of the features is about combining fishing and bikes....#2wheels1rod or something similar.

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk

I use to fish on the Chew resevoir with the RN fly fishing club. A lovely way to spend a day out on a boat casting.

....after many years of thinking I should try Fly Fishing I've given it a try.

I have this romantic vision that a GS and a Fly Rod could give me a reason for a ride and take me to some great places :D

Well I now have that Rod and I've had a few lessons and the local lake with some access to a little chalk stream is just 5 minutes away so I'm currently skilling and kitting up.

With Dent next weekend I had a quick browse as to what's avalibe up there, expecting big bucks I was surprised how accessible fishing in some of those great rivers I've ridden by many times is.

....after many years of thinking I should try Fly Fishing I've given it a try.

I have this romantic vision that a GS and a Fly Rod could give me a reason for a ride and take me to some great places :D

Well I now have that Rod and I've had a few lessons and the local lake with some access to a little chalk stream is just 5 minutes away so I'm currently skilling and kitting up.

With Dent next weekend I had a quick browse as to what's avalibe up there, expecting big bucks I was surprised how accessible fishing in some of those great rivers I've ridden by many times is.

We could have a Dent fishing expedition.

I'm leaving Dent Sun, dash home, Mon pm on ferry to South Uist, Hardy Smuggler strapped to bike for a couple of days at the trout in the machair lochs.

Must try to get a blether at Dent?

Havn't been fishing for years,

Always used to have a christmas trip to Broadlands

3 x 24 hrs to do the winter pike,

Beer, tabs & fish :)

Back
Top Bottom