Just bought a new SE so any extras or bling out there im buying

Hi Rob

slightly off thread but was wrong with the MT (in your opinion)

cheers

Nick:beerjug:

The MT is a cracking bike Nick for the rider for the passenger its a modern day method of torture
Passenger foot rests far too high seat like a plank and too small
also its a bit manic to have the Mrs on the back

Engine is simply awesome as is the rest of the bike
the XR is faster but not as quick if you know what I mean but the Handling is better on the XR even after having the MT set up properly it still wasnt anywhere near as compliant
hope that helps a bit
Rob

Heres a pic of mine with the Red front mudguard and all the other add ons ive fitted eventually got out on it yesterday for an hour or so

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_2063.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_2063.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 502
Went for the High level pipe Andrew but a bit of a mistake to be honest as the panniers cant be used with the exhaust, not too much grief as its 10 min job to change back and the Mrs prefers it with the Std can
Seat is simply superb really a great addition just feels so much nicer
only thing I havnt fitted yet is the rear sprocket but ill do that before next weekend and give it a try with slightly lower revs !!

I would be a bit leery about raising the gearing....alas, the XR has the RR box ratios.....typical sport bike high first and second and low-ish 6th. Raising the overall gearing may make starts more difficult with a passenger.....

Starts where no problem ,well worth doing ,even the BMW mechanic commented how good it was when he test rode it��

Interested to here Robs thoughts when he's got it fitted.

I would be a bit leery about raising the gearing....alas, the XR has the RR box ratios.....typical sport bike high first and second and low-ish 6th. Raising the overall gearing may make starts more difficult with a passenger.....

He ain't raising ! I presume he's going to lower the rear so the power is more turbine smooth, 6th aint low on the XR it feels as manic in 6th as it does in 2nd and your often looking for another gear.

Would be interested in regards to what size rear sprox you have gone to and your thoughts please.

I put a 42 rear tooth on the back, to give the same final ratio as my GSX1000K4, 17/42 , seems to work just fine,

I use the bike as a tourer so it doesn't seems as manic when sat on the motorways at around 85.

I am happy with that. :)

Would be interested in regards to what size rear sprox you have gone to and your thoughts please.[/QUOTE]

Ive got a Renthal 44 tooth that I havnt fitted as yet but I will asap the bike is revving at 5K = 70 Mph

not sure what this one will give but I bought it off Andrewb2006 and he said it did make a difference so ill give it a try will let you know what revs it drops it to once the bloody rain stops!!

Rob

Finally changed the sprocket and took the beastie for a decent ride, the difference in the rear sprocket to be honest is very minimal on my bike 70MPH is now about 4900 RPM so the 100RPM I really couldnt notice it, its not a mod id do if I was paying for the rear sprocket !!
Rob

Back
Top Bottom