Decent cafe in Oakham?

Tommy Gunn

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm heading that way on Saturday & fancy having a fried breakfast when I get there. Can anyone recommend a decent café where I could get a good fry up & brew please? Thanx in advance. :thumb2

Not specifically in Oakham but there are a couple of nice ones around Rutland Water and you get a nice view while you're feeding your face. I can't remember names but I've used a couple when I've been cycling there and never gone hungry.

Cheers. I could use one of those I suppose but I'd rather be in town. I'm looking for a quick in, out & home again.

I worked in Oakham for 6 months. I can categorically state that there isn't a decent cafe for a fry up.

The only thing that comes close, is the shop cum post office has a cafe at the back of it that looked like it did them, but I didn't try it out.

Alternatively, try the Wetherspoons on the main road, they do breakfasts.

Cheers guys. I'm waiting with bated breath for Rick's mate to come up with the answer. Failing that I'll search for Tufty's Post Office cum café.

Twizz I aim to be there some time between 930 - 1030.
Be advised though that I am a very, very dull person, just ask anyone in this section.

Hallow Timaloy old cock.

Google 'The 10 Best Breakfast Restaurants in Oakham - TripAdvisor'

Seems there are a couple to peruse...well at least 10 then.

Tell us which one old chap and I'll be keen to pop in.:beerjug:

I have met him, and he isn't dull. But don't tell him that ;)

Fuck off, he is as dull as fucking ditchwater, I have met him a couple of times, I am considering a lawsuit.

Look at that, 100% approval rating from 2 of the nicest men you could meet. I would be more inclined to go with Att's response if I were you Twizz, his assessment is the better judged of the 2.

According to my mate

The best breakfast is in a cafe that is in an arcade next to Barclays bank

He does not know the name of the cafe

Hope that helps

Triffic. That gives us something to aim for. Thank you. :thumb2

Tell us which one old chap and I'll be keen to pop in.:beerjug:

I'll keep you posted, this one near Barclays sounds promising.

That one up the arcade is okay, but they take forever getting it ready and it's as if vegetarians have cooked it grudgingly.

Aim for the railway station and try the old brewery just along from it, good meals, not sure about breakfasts but I think they are open from about 10:00

Back
Top Bottom