Advice on hotels/roads on route to Benidorm

To the collective, can anyone recommend best road/ roads to take from Bilbao to Zaragoza please, I thought I'd sorted what seemed like the best roads but Simon W came up with a fantastic looking road into Benidorm so starting again with the routes.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TBH Why go through Zaragoza, which is a f***-off big city and be seriously hot even in June, at all? There's a fabulous route via Logroño - which has fabulous tapas bars and even more beautiful women :) - Soria, Molina de Aragon and onwards ...

Regs

Simon

TBH Why go through Zaragoza, which is a f***-off big city and be seriously hot even in June, at all? There's a fabulous route via Logroño - which has fabulous tapas bars and even more beautiful women :) - Soria, Molina de Aragon and onwards ...

Regs

Simon

Thanks Simon, :thumb2 will take a look at the route,I've not been over this side of Spain previously

It's worth the effort. Zaragoza is down in the torrid Ebro Basin whilst from Logroño onwards you are following the Sistema Iberico mountain range(s), hence much cooler and more scenic. As for Logroño, it's the capitak of the La Rioja wine region, nuff said ... :)

Regs

Simon

Regs

Simon

A man after my own heart......:thumb2

One tip: rather than looking at the routes in the Guide to Spain/Guide to Europe, go onto the RiDE website's routes section and look in the Guide to the Alps section. Under the "Other Spanish mountains" heading is Route 65: Dos Aguas and the Costa Blanca, which runs from Valencia to Benidorm (well, Vilajoyosa, just a few miles away). I learnt about the top end of the route from one of Triumph's Spanish development riders - who if I understood him correctly had learnt about it from Hector Barbera when they were kids racing together (Barbera comes from Dos Aguas or somewhere close to it). The bottom half was shown to me by an ex-pat friend who lives on the Costa. Easy to fit into a run from Zaragosa.

Great stuff!!! :)

Back
Top Bottom