I'm coming across from the dark side...

richardbd

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
...or to the dark side, depending on your point of view.

Tw years ago I bought an RTLC. Partly because I'd always fancied one and partly because my job meant I was commuting 70 miles+ each way two or three times a week. I came to the RT slightly regretfully leaving my beloved Multistrada behind.

I haven't regretted owning it a single day. It's been a fabulous piece of kit - without doubt the best bike for the job I asked of it and it hasn't missed a beat in 12,500 miles. It hasn't got a single spot of corrosion on it either!

However, now I'm only working part-time, it's simply too big, fat and heavy for most of the social riding I do and so, when the PCP came to an end, I decided to let it go.

I still can't quite believe what I'm replacing it with. I'd always said that I would never test-ride a GS in the UK. I've never ridden one here - apart from at Simon Pavey's school - but have done something like 15,000 miles on them overseas, including Alaska, California, Oregon, South Africa, Botswana, Namibia and Germany.

I spent a day at my favourite dealer, putting something like 250 miles on a GS, a GSA and an RS. No contest...

The GS Triple Black arrives later this month.

Welcome ! Sounds like you have some pretty varied riding experiences there , ( not the usual costa run)

Welcome to the TB sub-group (although mine is a TC variant)!
I like the idea of riding around SA but haven't done it yet - it's on my list!
I've done the Alaska, California, Oregon, Germany areas though.

Richardbd I am also looking at coming over from the dark side, for much the same reasons size weight and less travel I have had a loan GSA (LC) and which I found lighter narrower and more nimble. My RT is 2005 so a bit primative by today's standards and I have not ridden an RTLC can I ask what swayed you ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Richardbd I am also looking at coming over from the dark side, for much the same reasons size weight and less travel I have had a loan GSA (LC) and which I found lighter narrower and more nimble. My RT is 2005 so a bit primative by today's standards and I have not ridden an RTLC can I ask what swayed you ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I really like the LC engine. Tested GSA, GS and RS. Only one winner - GS.

GSA is just an inferior RT - all the downside of weight but none of the upsides of comfort and protection; RS fun but just not comfortable enough.

Back
Top Bottom