Annual renewal quote Be Wiser

advancedbiker

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Last year I took out my insurance for my 2015 BMW1200 GS TE with Be Wiser .....
After a year of very poor service I received a renewal through today at £386. Reading the small print they charge £90 for setting up the insurance, so policy is £296.....

Now looking for an alternative, that needs to cover Business Use......

Any recommendations

Curious about 'a year of poor service' what do you expect, how were you disappointed?

Personally I buy insurance, click the don't try to sell me other stuff button and see you next year button.

I insured two BMW'S with them, and after I sold one, I cancelled the insurance on one. Unbeknown to me, the cancelled both policies and I only found out after noticing the Direct Debit had been cancelled......

Got passed to this group a few years ago,

promise of the lowest of the low premiums for my 3.0 scoob..

Feck me, couldnt come within a country mile of my renewal, which was exorbitiant lol!

They still kept pushing there overpriced polly, as supposedly, their extras made it worth it.

My ar*e!

mart

Last year I took out my insurance for my 2015 BMW1200 GS TE with Be Wiser .....
After a year of very poor service I received a renewal through today at £386. Reading the small print they charge £90 for setting up the insurance, so policy is £296.....

Now looking for an alternative, that needs to cover Business Use......

Any recommendations

Hastings seem keen to get new business. Just insured my 2013 1200gs lc te with them, £224, business use, sdp&commuting, legal cover, helmet and leathers cover. Bennetts renewal was £306.

I find Adelede very good. In reality you have to shop around every year. The last 2 or 3 years I've renewed with them. JJH

I have my Yamaha MT09 Tracer insured for business use via Devitt (broker) and KGM (underwriter). Adding another bike, a BMW R1200RS, mid term without business use and without commuting was no problem. KGM is a Lloyds syndicate.
I got the initial quote via Quidco compare and received a cashback http://www.quidco.com/search/?search=devitt - you might find a better price using the Quidco comparison site. Remember to create an account before getting the quote so the transaction is properly tracked.

I have also found Adelade to be superb for the last few years

I am looking at renewal in January, so i maybe in for a surprise but every year i do comparison on the internet , email it to them and they have always beaten it.
Fingers crossed for next year.

IAM surety do a , "we'll beat that quote by 10%" so do your homework on the comparison sites and then give them a bell.

I find MCN Compare very good for both car and bike. IAM seemed to double in price a few years ago so havn't used them

just don't go to Bennets. "Your bike has been stolen sir"? "No problem, we'll send you a settlement offer". 24 hours later: "I'm sorry sir, when you took insurance with us, you didn't mention you'd had a car stolen 5 years ago, so we won't be paying out". "I did tell your phone operator about it and she said it was of no importance. Check your tapes". "I'm very sorry sir, we no longer have the tape of your conversation.........and we're not paying out". Legally they didn't have a leg to stand on. Solicitor wanted 2 grand to pursue it.

Back
Top Bottom