2018 KTM 790 Adventure

That new 790 Adventure R is an absolute bargain, relatively speaking :p I was in a Honda dealer yesterday and they had just unboxed a new LTD edition CRF250 enduro in Geico livery with dual Yoshimura pipes and it’s looked amazing but was over £8k new .... when I asked if they were getting the new CRF450L in yet I was shown their first one to arrive same day. Really well made , some superb design features on it & a great but if kit but the list was over £9k !!! :eek

Let’s face it , they are all getting more expensive. :thumb Too expensive for me .....

JB is right , if you want one wait until next Christmas and they will be knocking the R out for £9999 :D

That new 790 Adventure R is an absolute bargain, relatively speaking :p I was in a Honda dealer yesterday and they had just unboxed a new LTD edition CRF250 enduro in Geico livery with dual Yoshimura pipes and it’s looked amazing but was over £8k new .... when I asked if they were getting the new CRF450L in yet I was shown their first one to arrive same day. Really well made , some superb design features on it & a great but if kit but the list was over £9k !!! :eek

Let’s face it , they are all getting more expensive. :thumb Too expensive for me .....

JB is right , if you want one wait until next Christmas and they will be knocking the R out for £9999 :D

Except JohnnyBullshitter still won’t buy one even at £9999 !

The height was not the main problem, it was the seat - to - pegs which leaves me with cramped legs, the taller suspension on the R makes the bike higher, but gives no more room.

The R might be attractive to those who ride off road a lot more, it is almost certainly going to be the best medium - large adventure bike out there for those who do leave the tarmac behind.

I have just looked at the prices of Triumph 800's - maybe the KTM is not so pricey after all! But the Triumph range has cheaper options, the problem with the KTM is you get the full monty with all features and no "poverty spec" model like Triumph offer....

...then again as others have stated they will do Poverty Pricing next December ;-)

The height was not the main problem, it was the seat - to - pegs which leaves me with cramped legs, the taller suspension on the R makes the bike higher, but gives no more room.

The R might be attractive to those who ride off road a lot more, it is almost certainly going to be the best medium - large adventure bike out there for those who do leave the tarmac behind.

I have just looked at the prices of Triumph 800's - maybe the KTM is not so pricey after all! But the Triumph range has cheaper options, the problem with the KTM is you get the full monty with all features and no "poverty spec" model like Triumph offer....

...then again as others have stated they will do Poverty Pricing next December ;-)

Agree with the peg to seat distance - sat on the R and it felt crampt for me at 6' 3" and with single seat there is no adjustability. Are they doing taller seats as an option?

Agree with the peg to seat distance - sat on the R and it felt crampt for me at 6' 3" and with single seat there is no adjustability. Are they doing taller seats as an option?

Yes. The comfort seat is a two piece job. Set on high I find it pretty good (I’m 6’3”)

You can also get a peg lowering kit from a fella in Berlin that drops them a wee bit - search for HEIZKÖRPER on the advrider site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes. The comfort seat is a two piece job. Set on high I find it pretty good (I’m 6’3”)

You can also get a peg lowering kit from a fella in Berlin that drops them a wee bit - search for HEIZKÖRPER on the advrider site.

I haven't seen comfort seats?? Only stock 2 piece seats. Imagine they will make some Heated Ergo PParts seats at some point. The 1290 Ergo seats are brilliant comfort wise and raise you up 1cm or so. I'm 5'9" and found the 1090R seat height a little intimidating for off-road antics, but I may just give one a go as they're much better value right now and I could get one straight away rather than waiting until March. Then possibly trade this time next year when the 790R is a more sensible price. That's where my head is this morning.

Nin - I assume you are referring to the 1190/1290's rather than the new 790 which I was referring to ;)

Find my 1290 perfect for me with comfort seat in high position and with adjustable ht SW Motech footpegs which is why the 790 felt cramped in comparison.

Yeah posting in the wrong thread as usual! I even thought I was in the KTM forum. Age eh ?

Back
Top Bottom