2018 KTM 790 Adventure

Better at what? ;)

This is more you ....

9a3cdae6ad788b77833e512d0a0e8ffb.jpg

I see the flavour at the moment for the rally bikes is that massive CF skid plate. You don't want that for us punters :D

BTW Tim, where is that Dakar 650? It doesn't feature on this forum anymore. Has somebody mothballed it?

I see the flavour at the moment for the rally bikes is that massive CF skid plate. You don't want that for us punters :D

BTW Tim, where is that Dakar 650? It doesn't feature on this forum anymore. Has somebody mothballed it?

I hear it's being used as an anchor for that Anglo/French aircraft carrier :D

Why ?

Don’t think it looks too bad !
Fuel range should be 240+ miles.
The 790 motor is brilliant. They just need to make it a tad smoother at very low revs compared to the Duke and I think it’ll be a blinding bike .
Planning to get one and ride some more of the trails in Picos etc and hopefully the TAT at some point if they sort out the insurance issues with using own bike in US.

Just another bike, personally I think it looks awful :barf

The 'rally/proto/publicity' bike looked, I thought, gorgeous (but then it would as that was the intention) ~ I'll reserve judgement on the production model once I've seen one as I'm undecided so far.

Andres

Anyone got the inside track on what the 790Adv might cost?

The new Honda CRF450L will set you back £10k by the time you fitted the extras you need. That’s just silly. It’s a glorified dirt bike. If KTM look at this and think too far north of that price this might not work for me. Better off getting a 1090R for that money. I was hoping they’d only be a little dearer than a 690 Enduro, given extra tech but I’ve got a feeling they’ll end up £10-11k. Just a gut feeling based on the high price they asked for the 1290S/R when they launched them. A naked 790 is £9k ish.

A 790 Duke is £8500 with deals to be done

Fatbloke down the pub told me that the 790 Adventure R will be £11000 to £11500 :eek:

If you're thinking about a new 1090 R don't pull the trigger just yet ;)

Fatbloke down the pub told me that the 790 Adventure R will be £11000 to £11500 :eek:

Yup because there’ll be deals on unsold 1090s when the 1150 is launched

This is my point. There are deals on Duke 790's aplenty. There was always going to be on a naked bike living in this country. This time next year, possibly Nov-Jan/Feb you just know the 790 Adv would be obtainable for circa £10k if it ends up being £11-11.5 k new. It won't end up at that price though....PP seats, heated grips, a luggage solution, bashplate, Bluetooth radio, fridge....all this stuff adds up and I bet £11.5k will end up more like £13k, especially if it's a Miele fridge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KTM will no doubt look at the price of competition in the market that they see the 790 being in;

Bikes like the Tiger 800, 850GS, new 700 Tenere etc?

Can't see it being Tenere money.

Should be able to keep it inline with the Triumph prices.

So the tenere should be a bargain then , hopefully.
Should certainly be the most reliable .

Back
Top Bottom